Human Resources Manager at Windwalker Group
Human Resources Manager
EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Windwalker Group was formed in August 2017 through the acquisition of Windwalker Corporation. Based in the Washington D.C. area, WC’s 25-year track record of delivering training, performance management, and research and evaluation services to the beltway’s federal market offers numerous significant synergies to the existing book of business of Windwalker Group. Windwalker has over 150 people located in 8 states as well as Washington D.C. It is headquartered in Boston with an office in Tysons Corner, Virginia.
This position can be 100% remote.
Windwalker is a dynamic, rapidly growing company that utilizes a team approach, is service oriented and values diversity. Our team is a talented group of highly motivated individuals who embrace innovation and are integral part of Windwalker’s growth and success. As a result, the company was recognized by Inc. Magazine in its 5000 Fastest Growing list in 2017, ending at no. 1063.
The company largely serves federal government clients and other large institutional sectors, providing professional and IT services, training and e-learning, Cyber security consulting and physical security protection.
Brief Overview of Position:
Windwalker is seeking a skilled Human Resources manager to oversee all aspects of Windwalker’s Human Resources practices and processes. You will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives.
- The goal is to promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management, including job design, recruitment, new-hire onboarding procedures, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, and all other responsibilities related to the administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
- You will manage Windwalker’s HR personnel and integrate closely with the Accounting/payroll functions, senior executives and program managers.
- As a small and growing company, the successful candidate must have the ability to be strategic and hands on in order to meet current demand and future growth.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Implement talent management strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and firm’s values
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Manage the payroll quality control on time keeping, set appropriate policies and developing training to ensure compliance
- Set a positive working environment aligned to desired company culture
- Bridge management and employee relations by providing manager support and addressing concerns, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process across all levels/roles in the organization
- Manage the new-hire onboarding, employee separation and clearance procedures
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance and employee engagement
- Assess staff development needs; design, execute and monitor training and skill enhancement programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures
- Perform benefits administration including benefits negotiation, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow
- Recommend new approaches, strategies, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- 6-8 years human resources or related experience; proven working experience as HR manager or other senior HR professional
- Experience in HR with a Government contracting firm
- Commitment to maintaining current in federal and state labor regulation
- Ability to parse contract requirements into applicable HR recordkeeping and information systems
- People oriented, and results driven
- Ability to drive strategy and lead others
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Skilled in talent management best practices and tools, including recruitment and performance management; able to develop, implement, and maintain HR and talent management processes
- Excellent active listening, communication, relationship-building skills; able to build and maintain relationships across the organization
- Proven success supporting cross-functional HR and talent needs at all organizational levels
- Experience developing positions and writing job descriptions · In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Experience working in a virtual, multi-location environment, preferred
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!