Human Resources Manager at Avantpage
Human Resources Manager (Remote US-Based)
People Operations Davis, California
Avantpage is a translation and localization company that is committed to empowering immigrant and LEP communities through language access in the health and government services arenas. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic People Operations or HR Manager who has a passion for helping others succeed through cultivating an amazing, ethical, and equitable workplace environment.
We are a global company with teams in Davis, CA, Mexico City, Warsaw, Poland and beyond. This job is open to remote US-based candidates, with potential periodic travel to our headquarters in Davis, CA. The working hours for this position will be 8 AM to 5 PM PST regardless of where you are located in the country.
The People Operations Manager will provide support for an international team of 50+ employees under the guidance of the Director of People Operations. The ideal candidate will be excellent at handling sensitive organizational and employee matters, have a passion for coaching, be detail oriented and proactive when managing HR related tasks, and have a passion for building and maintaining an empathetic and energized work culture.
- Incumbent will possess a coaching skillset, lead engagement and recognition strategies, and support cultural and team building initiatives.
- Promote and enhance our strong company culture with our employees and all job candidates.
- The People Ops Manager will oversee all recruiting, onboarding and offboarding efforts.
- Provide delicate guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on employee advocacy/engagement, conflict resolution, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our mandatory human resources requirements and regulations for our Poland and Mexico teams.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, performance management/discipline, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment and empower our team of managers.
- Build out a career development program for all employees.
- Help conceptualize, coordinate and facilitate company events such as monthly coffee dates, quarterly in person get togethers, holiday parties and corporate retreats.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience in Human Resource domains)
- 2+ years’ experience in HR related disciplines such as recruiting, training, performance management, cultural transformation, HR operations.
- Spanish language proficiency is highly desired
- Technologically savvy
- A passionate people person who enjoys helping others succeed
- Possess a do the right thing mentality
- Must sweat the small stuff, someone who cares about the details
- Thrives in and desires to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- A lifelong learner who enjoys problem solving and adapting to change
What We Offer
- Joining a vibrant multicultural team spread across the Americas and Europe
- Professional development and growth opportunities in the localization industry
- Training in new tools, technologies, and processes
- Energetic, multicultural, and empathetic working environment
- Health, vision dental benefits
- Retirement programs