Human Resources Generalist / Consultant (Remote)
Location: United States
In addition to applying through our website, please call us & leave a voicemail at 415.737.5592 letting us know why you are perfect for this position. Candidates who do not leave a message will not be considered.
WHAT WE DO
Stride provides reliable, cloud-based accounting, payroll and HR solutions for fast-growing small businesses. We employ the latest technology to provide efficiencies to our clients, and stay on the cutting edge of the ever-changing accounting industry. Our friendly, knowledgeable and professional team members care about our clients and strive to help them grow their businesses.
WHO WE WORK WITH
Stride provides a scalable fully managed outsourced accounting department for high-growth companies.
We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to join our growing team! Strong written and verbal communication skills are vital to ensure professional interaction with clients. The successful candidate will have a dynamic combination of broad, practical, HR generalist experience and a passion for helping clients reach the next level. The majority of our clients are located in California; knowledge of California state, and city laws is important.
- Provide HR support to assigned clients
- Conduct new hire orientations on behalf of clients and assist with all onboarding activities
- Act as a trusted advisor, partner, and coach to clients, including managers at all levels; identify options and risks regarding a variety of issues, including corrective action and discipline
- Serve as a point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues and other matters of concern
- Reach out to all assigned clients proactively to check-in, ask questions, and provide helpful tips and information
- Provide assistance with health and welfare benefit renewals
- Manage all leave of absence, unemployment and workers’ compensation administration for assigned clients
- Create and update employee handbooks and policies
- Provide HR administration as appropriate by preparing draft documents and customizing templates
- Conduct routine HR assessments to assist clients with compliance and basic HR services
- Implement and maintain HR compliance review program for assigned clients (including FLSA reviews, posters, and federal and state law/regulation monitoring)
To be considered, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years experience as an HR generalist (including general HR administration, employee file maintenance, employee relations, HR compliance, conducting new employee orientations, updating handbooks, basic compensation and benefit plan administration, etc.)
- HR certification or qualifications to obtain certification
- Working knowledge of payroll, compensation, and benefits
- Working knowledge of California, Washington and Oregon employment practices (other states a plus)
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at one time
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Self motivation and the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative setting
- The ability to produce high-quality work, and to incorporate feedback in a continuous improvement environment
- Proficiency with computers, including intermediate level skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GSuite
- Familiar with Zenefits, Gusto, and/or other HRIS
- Multi-client experience a plus
- Consulting experience preferred
- Document management experience a plus
This position is full-time and 100% remote. You will work from the location of your choice on your own equipment, which should include high-speed internet, PC with Windows 7 or newer and MS Office, webcam with microphone and speakers, and phone.
We know that the most successful members of a team give their best when they are in an environment where they can thrive. That is what we are committed to at Stride. Stride offers a wide range of employee benefits.