Human Resources Compliance Specialist at AbleTo
HR Compliance Specialist
AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. AbleTo believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality care, and offers a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Clinical best practices are leveraged across all services to ensure individuals are getting the care they need. Our outcomes-focused care is proven to improve depression and anxiety by over 50% on average, as demonstrated in several peer-reviewed studies. For patients with high-cost medical conditions, our clinically-tailored treatment is proven to reduce medical costs with care that empowers the patient to address their health needs. AbleTo partners with payers to make high-quality care accessible, affordable and convenient for millions of people to get the treatment they need.
The HR Compliance Specialist will monitor, review, and report on AbleTo’s compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations. They will be responsible for developing, implementing, administering, and certifying regulatory compliance policies, procedures, and practices as well as ensure the alignment with legal and ethical standards of the organization.
The Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinate and complete governmental, internal, and audit compliance reporting (EEO1, OSHA, BLS, other agencies, customer audits).
- Serve as the I-9 form and E-Verify system specialist, including monitoring and auditing forms.
- Track laws and regulations that might affect the organization’s policies and verify organizational practices to ensure compliance with those laws for all jurisdictions.
- Review and analyze compliance data; Prepare compliance reports as needed.
- Manage the leave of absence process, including explaining leave to employees, documentation, tracking.
- Respond to ADA requests for accommodation working through the interactive process.
- Update the employee handbook to comply with changes in laws or AbleTo policies/procedures.
- Manage distribution of employment law posters and state law notifications.
- Maintain internal state law database.
- Support HRBPs and serve as a liaison to the business for immigration processes, including the coordination of communication and necessary paperwork between AbleTo/candidates and external counsel.
- Track completion of HR compliance training (sexual harassment, discrimination, etc).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Life-long learner with minimum of 5 years hands-on HR and payroll compliance experience.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS, payroll compliance, federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to work very effectively with vendors, and coworkers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-directed and motivated, taking initiative to complete compliance tasks timely.
- Relevant Technology industry experience is a plus.
- Credible SME; able to inspire trust, build credibility, and create successful relationships.
- A great communicator able to convey information in a clear, focused, concise, and engaging manner.
- Proficiency in Excel including working knowledge of Macros and Pivot Tables
- Knowledge of Paylocity is a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!