HRIS Reporting Analyst at Delta Dental
HRIS Reporting Analyst
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The HRIS Reporting Analyst is responsible for utilizing established reporting and analytical skills to build custom reports, dashboards, and analytics. This position plays a durable role throughout the development life cycle and includes gathering and documenting business requirements from key customers and stakeholders, creating reports, data models, dashboards and analytics, and participating in the overall planning that will ensure the analytical and reporting needs of the business are met.
How you will make an impact:
- Consult with the business to understand their requirements and translate them into actionable and meaningful metrics.
- Create effective visualizations that clearly tell a story (graphs, charts, tables, dashboards etc.) using MS Excel, Tableau and other analytics tools.
- Build complex reports and dashboards using Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) and BI Publisher (BIP).
- Configure or edit workflow notification templates in HCM Cloud.
- Build reports using SQL and PL/SQL languages.
- Build data models in HCM Cloud.
- Configure and maintain alerts in HCM Cloud using Expression Language.
- Perform testing and provide maintenance and support for the Oracle HCM Cloud Business Intelligence (BI) products during release upgrades.
- Establish best practices and guidelines for usage of the Human Capital Management Business Intelligence tools.
- Write detailed technical and functional design specifications for reports and alerts.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- A minimum of 3 years Oracle HCM Cloud Fusion experience.
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and Expression Languages.
- Intermediate/expert level of knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Tableau and/or other Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience in business analysis in a technical environment, supporting multiple small to large teams of business and IT staff.
- Experience supporting HR/People function a plus.
- Experience with ERP reporting and Splash BI a plus.
- Previous experience with design and development of Business Intelligence functions related to the Oracle HCM Cloud solution.
- Extensive knowledge on Tables and the underlying architecture of the Oracle Database Management System.
- Business Intelligence expert experience in working with Technologies such as Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) and Business Intelligence Publisher (BIP).
- Extensive knowledge on Expression Language and the Alerts building tool in HCM Cloud.
- Successful history of performing evaluations of historical trends to provide predictive insights.
- Successful history of applying organizational context to recognize data inaccuracies and to ensure consistency and highest quality of data and analysis.
- Must be able to build technical documentation and maintain requirements and specifications for each report built.
- Must be able to identify, clarify, and resolve issues in reports and alerts as well as improve on aspects of existing reports such as runtime, logic, formatting, performance etc.
- Strong critical thinking, abstract reasoning and hands on technical skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting established deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a high stress fast paced environment managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!