HR Operations – Benefits Pension Specialist
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022
Requisition ID: 31789
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of the world’s leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool is looking for a dynamic candidate for an HR Operations – Benefits Pension Specialist role to join our Global Human Resources organization in Benton Harbor. Whirlpool would also consider a remote employee for this role.
- Manage and execute Whirlpool’s benefit programs including pension and 401k programs
- Resolve issues requiring deep functional expertise escalated from the service center in terms of Pension/ 401k
- Interface with benefits vendors and administration outsourcers regarding individual Employee claims/cases
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding the impact of benefit changes on HR Ops operations and systems
- Audits benefit programs to ensure compliance Suggest methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies
- Support the Benefits CoE in implementing benefits strategy
- Interface with auditors to compile data and provide samplings to external audits
- Own the day to day vendor relationship with the vendors for the pension/401k plans
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience with administering pension plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting
- Knowledge of plan designs, HR policies, rules and regulations, eligibility provisions, enrollment procedures, beneficiary designations, and special settlements
- Knowledge of 401(k), 403(b), 457, high education savings plans, and related state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of relevant government policies (i.e.ERISA, etc.)
- Experience with HRISs
- Delivers strong, consistent content in both quality and service
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail
- Strong leadership and team collaboration skills
- Ability to focus on client service
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to enact the necessary change for success
- Ability to make decisions and navigate interpretations of and expectations to policies and procedures
- Ability to identify improvements of existing policies and procedures
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.