HR Manager, People and Culture at Avex Designs
HR Manager, People & Culture
- New York, New York or Remote United States
- Full time
Avex is a New York City based eCommerce design, development & optimization agency. We partner with brands ranging from high-growth DTC to enterprise level. Over the years we’ve worked amazing companies such as: KITH, Hugo Boss, Undefeated, Rumpl, HAUS, O’Neill, Serta Simmons Bedding, Badgley Mischka and many others.
We’re a growing team of award-winning designers, developers, marketers and e-com strategists. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and eCommerce. Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to further build out our team. We believe that our work should not only produce amazing results for our clients, but that it should also be fun and rewarding. Avex believes in a strong work-life balance, not just churning out projects.
About this role
The people and culture manager will act as the primary HR contact. You will not only over see all HR duties, but also oversee and be responsible for the overall happiness of our team. You will create fun and engaging activities, for both team building and social purposes. You’ll on board and welcome new team members, ensure the team has everything they need and we are supporting their growth.
- Develop and implement HR strategies to improve employee happiness and hiring processes
- Always on the lookout for new talent.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for new hires
- Nurture a positive, fun and rewarding culture for internal and remote employees
- Create and oversee new employee onboarding processes
- Support employee retention goals
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies and procedures across the agency
- Create and oversee performance system
- Act as main point of contact for pay plan and benefits program
- Primary contact for employee relations and addressing demands or other issues
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Experience & Skills:
- Working experience as HR manager
- People-oriented and extremely outgoing, with a motivational mindset
- Experience with human resource metrics
- Experience w/ remote work culture
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Willingness to research HR compliance & standards
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Fully Remote
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Career development opportunities (workshops, classes, mentorship)
- Team lunches / dinners (Remote / In-person TBD)
- Atena Healthcare
- CitiBike Membership
- Perks and discounts
- Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!