HR Manager at Trans Lifeline
- UNITED STATES
- Hours: Full Time, Exempt
- Compensation: $52,000
Health benefits include medical, dental and vision. Paid time off includes 6 weeks PTO/year, sick time, paid family + medical leave, and parental leave.
Bay Area (CA) preferred. Applicants accepted across the United States to work remotely.
Start Date: August 10th or sooner.
Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community, resources, and support they need to survive and thrive–building a resilient trans community through trans-led direct services. Trans Lifeline’s Hotline cares for trans people through moments of crisis and suicidality. Our Microgrants program provides low-barrier grants to trans people in need of legal name changes and updated government IDs–as well as specialized support for trans people who are incarcerated or undocumented. By providing care, Trans Lifeline identifies the trans community’s most pressing needs and brings that expertise to the broad movement for LGBT equality.
- Recruitment and hiring: coordinate all hiring, ensuring a smooth and equitable process from planning and outreach to selection and onboarding.
- Payroll: administer payroll through our third party payroll provider while ensuring up-to-date employee payroll information and state tax rates.
- Benefits: administer complete benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, workers’ compensation, unemployment, PTO, sick leave, and other paid and unpaid leave.
- Employment law compliance: ensure ongoing compliance with federal and state employment law, across multiple states including California.
- Tax compliance: ensure up-to-date registration with state tax agencies and appropriate employment tax payments through our third party payroll software.
- Org-wide policy & procedure: write and maintain all organization-wide policies and procedures, in coordination with the leadership team and with final approval from the Executive Director.
- Accountability & performance: Develop framework for performance and accountability at TL, including coordinating performance reviews, investigating complaints, and advising supervisors on personnel concerns.
- Recordkeeping: Maintain all personnel records in a confidential and professional manner.
- Morale & retention: Promote a healthy workplace through employee learning and development, career trajectory planning, and staff engagement.
- 2+ years of human resources generalist experience, non-profit preferred.
- Strong familiarity with California and federal employment law.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills across platforms and cultures.
- Experience facilitating conversations on race, gender, class, and ability.
- High degree of cultural competency in transgender communities, communities of color, and disability communities.
- Organized self-starter with proficiency at project management and deadlines.
- Remote work experience.
- HR certification such as PHR or SHRM and/or an HR degree.
- Background in restorative justice or mediation.
- Community organizing experience.
- Familiarity with personnel budgeting.
- Spanish proficiency.
Trans Lifeline is an equal opportunity employer. Transgender, gender non-conforming and intersex people, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants and formerly incarcerated people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!