HR Generalist at Public Consulting Group - PCG
- Job Location: US-Home or Remote Position
- Job ID: 2020-5266
- Category: Human Resources
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
This position is a temporary assignment (duration approximately 1 year) to support NYS Department of Health contact tracing initiatives related to COVID – 19.
New York State will hire and train a team of staff working remotely to support the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) and Local Health Departments (LHDs) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing in communities across NYS. The aim of this initiative will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish all contacts of this person, and proceed to call and maintain ongoing communication with every contact. In addition, the team will support the isolation and quarantine of individuals, as appropriate in cooperation with the LHD. This includes virtual needs checks and referral to community resources as needed. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in NYS.
- Uses working knowledge of the business to provide HR workforce planning support and guidance to experienced HR Business Partners and/or practice area line managers.
- Responsible for acquiring exit interview and other transition data, analyze trends and recommends workforce plans to the HRBPs to increase Employee Engagement and make a positive impact on business results.
- Utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide tactical HR support.
- Facilitates forums such as New Hire Orientation and other small group settings.
- Acts as an effective liaison with other HR functions (i.e.: Payroll, HRIS, Benefits, Recruiting).
- Assists with aligning HR programs with the needs of the Business.
- Ensures compliance with HR practices.
- Ensures a Commitment to the discipline of HR, and interested in learning more.
- Adapts to changing needs of the business.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge of standard HR operations and policies, and the demonstrated ability to follow established
- protocols, identify new needs, and document new protocols.
- Team player, collaborator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success supporting an HR Business Partner model, in a multi-site growing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, work ethic, propriety and professionalism.
- Approachability in a customer-focused environment
- Highly developed listening, analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience facilitating small group and virtual discussions and presentations.
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced culturally diverse environment.
- Proficiency in MS-Office; adept at Excel and PowerPoint for data analysis and documentation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree Preferred or equivalent experience required
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!