HR Coordinator at Oatly
HR Coordinator (Remote)
- FULL TIME
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a HR Coordinator to join our team. This role will support core HR initiatives and activities. You’ll help ensure we have seamless people-related transactional and administrative processes, giving you exposure to many areas of HR with opportunities to get involved in a wide range of projects. We are looking for someone who treats each employee like their number one customer and is willing to adapt and grow with the role as it evolves over time.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Provide support to our people throughout the employee lifecycle from onboarding, transfers, performance cycles and critical moments through departure
- Maintain employee data across HR systems, including entering new hire information, updating organizational charts, job titles, pay changes etc.
- Assist in program rollouts and trainings (i.e. performance review process, salary planning, benefits open enrollment, etc.)
- Act as first point of contact and research/respond to employee inquiries related to benefits, payroll, compensation, and HR related policies
- Coordinate with Payroll to ensure employees’ contributions and other benefit transactions are processed accurately
- Complete I-9 verifications for new employees and provide employment verifications as needed
- Ensure HR documents, posters, and reports are submitted correctly and in a timely manner according to legal federal and local requirements (such as Worker’s Comp postings, non-discrimination testing, 5500 filings, San Francisco HCSO, etc.)
- Support Leaves of Absence process by partnering closely with Payroll and HRBP team. Responsible for providing paperwork to the employee, filing claims, and tracking time off due to all leaves including but not limited to: FMLA, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, Workers Compensation, and Disability.
- Be an internal champion for employees, escalating employee issues as appropriate and collaborating remotely with other teams
- Assist with ongoing departmental needs and support the implementation of HR initiatives and projects
Here are the things we think you need:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years experience in HR or relevant customer-facing role preferred
- Ability to work with the highest degree of confidentiality – exercising discretion, judgment and professionalism
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Works through ambiguity by anticipating needs and being proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Curious self-starter with as passionate for providing a high quality employee experience
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented and follow through skills
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!