Homecare Coder and Documentation Reviewer at Corridor Group
Homecare Coder/Documentation Reviewer
Job Location: Anywhere in the United States. This role is eligible for work-from-home status. The majority of current Corridor staff work remotely, from their homes.
Position Summary: Responsible for properly identifying and sequencing diagnoses and review of OASIS with regard to appropriateness, completeness, and compliance with federal and state regulations and organization policy. Applies current coding guidelines, implements regulatory changes, obtains additional and/or clarification of documentation from physicians and clinical staff via clerical admin department to assure documentation supports diagnoses coded. The employee must be able to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct quality assurance documentation reviews of assigned records to include but not limited to:
- OASIS for documentation inconsistencies and accuracy
- Plan of treatment review for accurate reflection of patient’s condition and skilled interventions
- Medication profile for relevance to interventions, goals and coding sequencing
- Appropriate physician’s orders
- Care planning as it relates to assessment and regulatory requirements
- Conduct reviews of coding and provide recommendations for appropriate coding based on current coding guidelines
- Provide written feedback related to documentation and coding
- Conduct other clinical record audits as assigned
- Prepare reports as requested
- Maintain proficiency/knowledge of OASIS Data set items, home care reimbursement and compliance as related to OASIS regulations and requirements
- Maintain proficiency/knowledge of coding guidelines
- Maintain Coding Certification
- Develop and maintain knowledge of software systems utilized by various agencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to relate well in remote environment under the supervision of coding managers
- Ability to mentor and/or train other coders
- Flexibility as may be asked to work on additional projects
Other: May be required to attend mandatory scheduled meetings/trainings despite flexible work schedule. Worksite for this position would either be from personal home office or one of several physical office locations across the United States.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Must have home care experience and experience in diagnosis coding of home care records and reviewing OASIS assessments.
Certificates and Licenses: Coding certification; HCS-D or BCHH-C or ability to obtain within a year; COS-C or HCS-O or ability to obtain within a year; RN license preferred.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!