Home and Kitchen Editor at Forbes Media
Home & Kitchen Editor, Forbes Shopping
- Full time
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 140 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, custom marketing programs and 32 licensed local editions in 71 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.
Forbes Shopping is seeking an experienced home and kitchen editor to join the commerce editorial team.
This role will be responsible for assigning and editing all Forbes Shopping home and kitchen content (which may include product guides, roundups, retailer guides, news, reviews, how-tos and product odes). You will work closely with the updates editor to optimize evergreen content, and will work with our deals editor to assign or top edit sales/deals coverage. This role reports to the Forbes Shopping editor.
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
Responsibilities will include:
- Full ownership of home and kitchen shopping content
- Recruiting and onboarding new freelance writers
- Top-editing content from staff editors as needed
- Participating in tent-pole planning and assisting with coverage
- Some writing (especially during busy tentpole periods)
- Planning the edit calendar for your section, with guidance from the editor and deputy editor
The ideal candidate:
- Should be an expert in all things home, kitchen and design
- Impeccable editing skills are a must; this person should not need a top edit
- Must have a network of home writers and PR contacts
- Prior experience editing product reviews required
- Prior experience testing products yourself preferred
- A strong understanding of SEO and user intent as it pertains to shopping content is required
- Prior experience with affiliate / commerce content preferred but not required
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!