Help Desk Manager in United States
THIS IS A VIRTUAL POSITION. MAIN WORKING HOURS NEED TO BE GMT TO EST
The management and operation of the IT infrastructure (typically hardware, software and communications) and the resources required to plan for, develop, deliver and support properly engineered IT services and products to meet the needs of a business. Includes preparation for new or changed services, management of the change process and maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, management of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance and management of bought-in services including, for example, public network, virtual private network and outsourced services.
The planning, implementation and control of service provision. This includes negotiation, implementation and monitoring of service level agreements, and the ongoing management of operational facilities to provide the agreed levels of service, seeking continuously and proactively to improve service delivery.
Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products. Influences senior-level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that professional standards are maintained. Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting. Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets. Monitors performance and takes corrective action where necessary.
Ensures that a catalogue of available services is created and maintained and that service level agreements are complete and cost effective. Ensures that service delivery is monitored effectively and that identified actions to maintain or improve levels of service are implemented. Ensures that operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and maintained. Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services. Reviews service delivery to ensure that targets are met and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service.
Specific Tasks include:
- Develops, negotiates and agrees schedules and priorities for applications, with respective users, in line with Service Level Agreements. Ensures agreements are implemented and controlled.
- In consultation with others, including user representatives, facilities managers and contractors, plans, schedules and supervises all maintenance and installation work, including major configuration changes and upgrades. Monitors and gives instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice. Delegates’ responsibility for carrying out specific tasks as appropriate. Ensures that all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements of service level agreements.
- Influences design and development of new and changed systems and services to optimize operational efficiency. Contributes to definition of associated standards and techniques. Recommends operational and maintenance acceptance of new systems and services.
- Contributes to departmental policy, procedures and practices on matters such as security, health and safety, environmental controls, service facilities and media storage.
- Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products. Takes full responsibility for all aspects of career development for subordinate staff.
- Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets. Gives operational and maintenance acceptance for new and changed systems and services.
- On the basis of both experience and foresight, sets up and maintains a risk management program. In the event of a crisis, minimizes its effect and manages resolution so as to bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Sets targets, and ensures that service performance is monitored and maintained to high levels of quality, standards and operability as defined within negotiated and agreed service level agreements, service level parameters or contracts. Ensures that detailed metrics and records are kept and that appropriate action is initiated and followed through. Identifies and implements new service performance metrics.
- Ensures that a Service Catalogue of all available services is created and maintained, and that the structure of service level agreements is fully defined by the mapping of services to users. Takes responsibility for command structure and escalation procedures, and ensures that the requisite operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and maintained. Procures goods/services necessary to ensure the continuity of the service.
- Ensures that the service level requirements of each client/user area are determined, and that service level agreements, contracts and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers are aimed at meeting the business needs of the employing organization, by providing a value for money service, in terms of standards, quality of service, efficiency, safety, availability, performance and cost effectiveness. Fully utilize and manage the organization using Lean Six Sigma methodologies and metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Typically has extensive experience in Information Systems and Operations and significant Service Level Management experience.
- Can absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is able to assess and evaluate risk and to understand the implications of new technologies.
- Demonstrates clear leadership skills and the ability to influence and persuade.
- Has a broad understanding of all aspects of information systems and deep understanding of area(s) of specialization.
- Understands and communicates the role and impact of information systems in the employing organization.
- Takes initiative to keep both own and subordinates skills up to date and to maintain awareness of developments in the information systems industry.
- Has in-depth commercial and technical expertise, often in a variety of environments.
- Demonstrates the special leadership skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
- Possesses a high level of management skills, with particular emphasis on interpersonal and negotiating skills and the ability to motivate staff.
- Shows the ability to delegate effectively to more technical staff, whilst maintaining full management control.
- Demonstrates current and thorough understanding of developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists – technical or otherwise.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IT standards and codes of conduct.
TITLE: Help Desk Manager
LOCATION: United States
REQUISITION ID: 19002556
OTHER LOCATIONS: United Kingdom
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.