Health Writer at LIVESTRONG
Health Writer – LIVESTRONG
- Remote (US Based)
LIVESTRONG.com is a top healthy living site, covering fitness, nutrition and health. We strive to help all people make informed decisions about their wellbeing. We inspire and motivate our readers to make life-changing healthy choices by providing credible and shareable information coupled with helpful apps and an online support community. We rely on high-quality research and our network of experts to make LIVESTRONG.com the trustworthy, authoritative destination for people wanting to live their best lives.
We are looking for a Health Writer to help us improve and grow LIVESTRONG.com’s library of high-quality, authoritative health articles. This position requires strong writing and editing skills as well as a solid understanding of SEO best practices. You will be responsible for creating new articles as well as updating existing articles to ensure readers are getting up-to-date, trustworthy health and wellness information.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Health Writer grows with us. Remote considered for this position.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Managing Editor, LIVESTRONG.com
A typical day as a Health Writer might include:
- Writing and/or updating 2-4 stories daily
- Brainstorming and pitching both timely stories with a news peg as well as utilitarian and service-driven evergreen stories
- Gathering information and conducting research on various health and nutrition topics to ensure your articles are accurate and backed by the most reliable, up-to-date information
- Finding, interviewing and developing relationships with a diverse group of health and nutrition experts
- Working closely with the Health and Nutrition vertical editors to help them create and update articles in their sections
- Collaborating and coordinating with the Audience Development Team to ensure your articles are promoted across channels — including social media, email newsletters and referral platforms — in effective and engaging ways
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the health and nutrition worlds in order to stay abreast of promising new developments and trends
You’ll be successful if you are passionate about creating high-quality, service-driven content that helps readers at all stages of their health journeys. The Health Writer is responsible for pitching, writing and revising stories on various health, nutrition and wellness topics. Information-gathering and interviewing is at the heart of this position: We need someone who knows how to dig and find authoritative primary sources to ensure our content is accurate, clear and useful.
What You Have:
- 1-3 years writing experience for a digital health or lifestyle publication.
- Experience writing about health and science studies (and the ability to translate study-speak into useful takeaways the average reader can understand).
- Experience finding and interviewing health and nutrition experts.
- Impeccable writing and revising skills.
- Ability and willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback on assignments, and an eager attitude toward learning from top editors.
- A working knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time productively.
- An interest in helping people from all backgrounds live their healthiest, happiest lives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!