Health Intelligence Programmer– Nationwide Remote Position
Date Posted: 12/13/2016
KEPRO is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 1 billion people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting. KEPRO is currently seeking, a highly professional
Health Intelligence Programmer – REMOTE
This position is responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining the core data processing platforms of the company and working with large data volume processing to drive business solutions by querying existing databases in order to create actionable data reports and by creating and maintaining data reporting applications that result in efficient data extraction.
- Queries existing databases to pull data necessary for reporting and contract deliverables
- Develops, enhances and maintains data processing platforms
- Performs quality checks of all analytics queries, reports, and applications and identifies disparities and actionable resolutions.
- Manage inventory/library of existing reports.
- Create/program/design new report development and modifications to reports.
- Respond to ad hoc queries and reports as needed.
- Schedule and maintain automation of approved recurring reports.
- Produce and distribute non-automated reports and deliver to client facing lead.
- Working knowledge of contract requirements and type of work.
- Provides internal report QA to other technical team members.
- Knowledgeable of business intelligence and data warehouse methodologies.
- Knowledge of database management systems (DBMS)
- Skilled in SQL tools including SSRS, SSAS, SSMS, and Team Foundation Server
- Skilled in performance tuning and identification
- Knowledge of business and technical systems and processes
- Skilled in requirements gathering and documentation
- Skilled in functional and technical design specifications
- Knowledgeable of the healthcare industry, managed care, and operational systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Health Services Research required.
- 3+ years of SQL programming experience, preferably with medical and Rx claims. Experienced in Microsoft Excel and Access. Skills to organize and integrate a variety of activities are required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- This position requires strong communication, quantitative, business and computer skills, knowledge of data management, querying, and SQL tools is highly desirable; ability to work quickly, within constraints of deadlines, under stressful situations and with resource limitations, and to function compatibly with team members of diverse clinical and experiential backgrounds essential. Creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems, determining program objectives and requirements and organizing programs and projects preferred. Knowledge of quality project methodologies desirable.
KEPRO offers challenging careers, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.
KEPRO is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability