Health Information Specialist – Select U.S. States at SafetyCall International
Health Information Specialist
The Health Information Specialist position is responsible for managing and documenting adverse events, lack of efficacy cases, and product safety/product use inquiries via telephone and email reported by consumers and health care professionals related to various dietary supplements, over the counter and prescription drugs, and other consumer products. This position also manages exposure cases for household and industrial products/chemicals. Health Information Specialists triage cases, provide health, safety and technical product information to consumers and health care professionals and escalate cases to trained medical professionals as needed.
Health Information Specialists document cases received via phone and email into SafetyCall’s electronic databases to facilitate adverse event reporting to regulatory organizations such as the EPA and FDA on behalf of our clients. Health Information Specialists may also follow-up on reported cases via phone and/or email to ensure the wellbeing of the consumer and gather additional information regarding cases such as recovery/health status or additional product information. SafetyCall offers possible growth opportunities for Health Information Specialists and the opportunity to get involved in various company committees along with case presentation opportunities.
This position is in a professional office setting or remote from home.
Shifts are 8 1/2 hours and will vary based on our needs between the hours of 8AM-6PM CST. The workdays will vary and will include weekends (typically 2 per month, both Saturdays and Sundays) and some holidays. Overnights are not required. Because of weekend scheduling, staff will work more than 5 consecutive shifts in a row during weeks they work a weekend. While we may be able to work with some minor scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Scheduling is done several weeks in advance. Please note that the first 4-6 weeks will be mainly daytime hours for training.
No Background/experience in the regulatory, toxicology or pharmaceutical field is required. We offer an extensive and ongoing training program.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), First Responder, Paramedic, Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) in good standing OR Bachelor’s degree of Science.
- 1+ years work experience as a LPN, CPhT, EMT, First Responder, Paramedic, CMA or similar role in the healthcare field preferred.
- 1+ years experience with customer service, either in person or via the telephone strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding and accurate data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, during stressful or high-pressure situations as well as on a regular basis.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings and weekends (both Saturdays and Sundays).
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service with patience and compassion.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional, empathetic and compassionate.
Work from Home Requirements
Do you want to work with us from the comfort of your home? Here’s what you’ll need:
- High Speed Internet (not WiFi)
- Landline phone (with a head set)
- Computer with Windows 10 Home or Pro Edition Operating System
- Must have Windows 10 Microsoft Word & Excel
- Desktop & Laptops can be used, but must be able to connect up to 3 monitors
- No Apple computers
- Surge Protection
- Paper Shredder
Remote candidates may be asked to provide specific information about their IT equipment and internet provider. More information about our IT requirements are provided during the interview process.
In addition to the IT requirements listed above, candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
States We Work In
Our employees work in multiple states throughout the country! Want to know if we’re hiring in your state? See the list below:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
Benefits of Employment
Our employees enjoy many benefits including:
- Ability to work from home
- Medical Insurance Options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401k with Match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- C/E & License Reimbursement
- Incentive Programs
- And Many more!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!