Health Economist at Hinge Health
- UNITED STATES
- CLINICAL ENGAGEMENT
Hinge Health is pioneering the world’s most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching, physical therapy, and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $436M to date and has 500+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We’re looking for a Health Economist to help us demonstrate Hinge Health’s value, i.e., our positive impact on health care utilization, cost, and clinical outcomes for members and clients. This person will be part of a growing clinical research team and is our internal expert on cost studies of medical and pharmacy claims.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD (preferred) or Masters with significant work experience in health economics, health services research, or policy research. We are looking for an individual who can see the “big picture” but is also willing to improve research processes. The health economist collaborates easily with external clients (e.g., health plan researchers) and with our client success and executive teams. The ideal candidate balances study rigor, time efficiency, and pragmatic application of study results for commercial purposes.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Designs scientifically valid internal and external cost studies that align with Hinge Health commercial, product, or research goals
- Conducts cost studies efficiently, including working with others on data acquisition, leading data cleaning efforts, transforming data and defining variables, analyzing data, and interpreting results with commercial goals in mind.
- Disseminates findings, including partnering with client success teams on three to five client-facing presentations per year and writing one article for a peer-reviewed or trade journal.
- Contributes to the design and conduct of new and ongoing clinical studies, including studies of acute, chronic, surgical, and expert medical opinion programs.
- Effectively manages multiple ad hoc requests about MSK health care use.
- Stays up to date with the latest research in musculoskeletal and digital health, and keeps the clinical team informed of important updates.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Analytic: You have applied econometric and cost effectiveness frameworks and keep up to date on emerging methods.
- Communication: You communicate clearly in presentations, reports, and articles about study methods and results and easily engage with technical staff and laypersons.
- Detail-orientation and analytic: You have cleaned raw claims data and managed large, complex datasets.
- Project management and prioritization: You manage multiple projects at once from the discovery phase to execution within prescribed timelines, ensuring all success criteria are met
- Insightful: You analyze data to provide meaningful insights and guide decisions.
- Proactivity: You anticipate problems and opportunities.
- Experience with researching MSK health care services.
- Experience in consulting.
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!