Head of Supply Chain, UK and Europe at Who Gives A Crap
Head of Supply Chain (UK & Europe)
at Who Gives A Crap
Want to challenge yourself in a high-growth environment AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
We make eco-friendly products and donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for the billions of people in need. We love doing good, and we happen to be exceptionally good at it too! To date, we’ve donated over $10 million AUD (roughly $7.4 million USD) to fund sanitation projects around the globe.
Our team is made up of over 150 amazing people in Australia, the Philippines, China, the US, and more recently Europe. We’re all working hard to reach our ambitious goal to have the greatest impact possible for people and the planet. How ambitious you ask? Well, it involves increasing our annual donation 10-fold in the next couple of years to get closer to our mission toilets and clean water for all!
A bit about the role:
Our Supply Chain team at Who Gives A Crap likes to think about movements. We aspire to transcend the boundaries of traditional supply chain teams and deliver company-wide value through our work. We have a passion for purpose driven business and get excited by the potential to influence lives and inspire change with our initiatives. And we want to have a craptonne of fun on the way.
As Head of Supply Chain, UK & Europe you design and lead the execution of the regional supply chain strategies to unlock growth, customer delight, margin progression – and therefore impact through donations – as well as executing the road map to our sustainability goals. You will lead our existing Production and Logistics experts based in the UK and the Netherlands and work together to expand and deepen the manufacturing and distribution footprint we have across the UK and Europe.
You’ll help us to push the boundaries of tissue paper and also extend into new product categories and sales channels. You’ll achieve all of this by managing, inspiring and further building a kick-ass team, supporting a culture of empowerment and performance through great planning, goal setting and execution.
We’re a remote-first business and we’re open to amazing humans from anywhere across the UK and EU who are comfortable working with a growing local, and global team.
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Defined the long objectives and critical path for local tissue production, including leading Top-to-Tops with potential partners, designing long term paths for partnership and forming investment recommendations
- Been a key leader in our ongoing transformation project, where you would have worked with external consultants to evolve and implement evolutions across our procurement approach, our supplier relationship frameworks and our reporting and performance measurement tools
- Set up some 1:1’s fortnightly with your new team to develop them on the ambitious supply chain hiring map, and dive deep into their own journey plan in a way that enables and motivates the crap out of them (and you!)
- Shared a message of love and appreciation for our full supply chain team and partners, being a Valentines card linked to a video of thanks and an inspiring real life story from our Head of Impact, Robin
- Got creative about how you update and engage asynchronously in our weekly Big Floaters meetings (yes, this a real standing meeting), a focus group attended by a global supply chain leaders and key Exec members across Australia and the US to drive progress on our biggest Gross Margin projects, representing EU production and logistics projects
- Grabbed some virtual coffee with our new Head of Sustainability to geek out together on what going carbon negative in our supply chain could look like, the critical path to get there, and how we’ll measure and manage progress with our partners
- Approved some discretionary time off with no questions asked for a member of your team, because while we’re all doing our best right now, times are challenging and you put people first
- Enthusiastically contributed to the scoring, setting, and review process of company-wide, Supply Chain, and personal OKRs through our teams, never letting our work lose sight of how our day-to-day and long-term efforts ladder up to our BHAG
- Floated the idea to your 3PL partner of writing CRAP in solar panels on their roof as the funniest way to contribute to the mutual reduction of our footprint together, including a playbook on how that might be funded
Let’s talk about you
You see supply chains’ role within the business holistically and encourage a mindset of commerciality and value creation within your team. You are adept at turning high level vision into strategies and are able to set and communicate goals in a way which empowers your teams to take accountability. You enjoy the process of coaching and supporting them to work out how to get there.
You’re driven and motivated to set stretch goals, lead change and see others through it. You’re adept at dropping fun gifs into a team Slack channel, whilst presenting updates to your peers on planning team or Exec.
You’re passionate about our vision and bring that energy to our internal teams and external partnerships
You give a crap. Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
Phew, ok… let’s take a pause. Research suggests that at this point up to 60% of those identifying as women or under-represented folks might have talked themselves out of applying. But here’s the thing, you don’t have to check every box and we are serious about the growth and development of all those who join us. So please – introduce yourself and let us know about you!
Our interview process takes roughly 4-6 weeks and is entirely virtual, with an estimated 13 hours of your time interviewing and paid project work.
- Application (allow for 2-3 weeks response time)
- Phone Interview w/ our People & Culture team (30 mins)
- Zoom Hiring Manager Interview w/ our VP of Supply Chain (1 hour)
- Zoom Peer Interview w/ our Head of Production + Logistics Lead (1 hour)
- Zoom Homework Collaboration & Presentation w/ our Production, Logistics, New Product Development, CX, and People & Culture teams (2 hours collaborating, 1 hour presenting, plus 8 hours of paid project time over 2 weeks)
- Zoom Executive Meeting w/ our Senior Leadership (30 mins)
Why you should work with us:
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger our impact. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s pretty great, but we don’t stop there
The job is amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow quickly.
Our benefits are designed to support and be responsive to our healthy, happy and thriving team. On top of what you’d expect from a people-first team like ours, we offer tailored learning & development opportunities, generous paid parental leave, support through our parent and caregivers portal access to our digital mental wellbeing platform, and more. Did we mention free TP? Oh, and you get to say the word crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
We are passionate about fair and equitable remuneration. We pay competitively and thoughtfully based on your experience, the market and our insights. Just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in.
We’re not the only ones who think that working at Who Gives A Crap is pretty unbeatable. We’re honored to have been recognized for the second year in a row on BuiltInLA’s 100 Best Places to Work list, and most recently on their Best Mid-sized Places to Work list.
We’re also humbled to have recently received our sixth consecutive Culture Amp engagement score of 90+ and as a certified B Corp, we’re committed to the highest standards of social and environmental impact as a profit-for-purpose business.
Come roll with us
We believe a diversity of perspectives and experiences is what makes a strong team. The stronger our team, the closer we are to our mission toilets and clean water for all. So come join us! We’re looking for people of all genders, races, ethnicities, orientations, abilities and disabilities to come sit at our table. The only thing we’re a stickler on is species you have to be a person.