Head of Safety at Care.com
Head of Safety
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
The Head of Safety will be responsible for the overall Care.com Safety Program, including the safety strategy and safety experience for users of the Care.com consumer and enterprise services. The candidate will lead a cross-functional team focused on establishing and implementing a safety vision and framework for the Care.com service. Responsibilities will range from the definition of policies and procedures to evaluating and recommending technical solutions to address and prevent various safety concerns, including criminal activity, identity verification, physical safety, and fraud. The ideal candidate will have experience defining and managing a comprehensive safety program for a rapidly growing online service. The Head of Safety must have online/internet safety experience, preferably marketplace experience.
What Your Days Will be Like:
- Define and articulate the strategy, vision, goals, and guiding principles of the Care.com safety program, internally and, as needed, externally
- Establish and manage safety policies in partnership with representatives from Operations, Legal, Product and other key stakeholders
- Prioritize and implement the product, technology, and process investments to achieve safety program goals
- Establish a framework and key operating metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of the safety program
- Anticipate and proactively address emerging safety risks
- Ensure internal alignment across functions and levels on safety policies, procedures, and priorities
- Establish and lead an external council of industry safety experts which convenes regularly to review and advise on the safety program
- Represent the company internally and externally as a thought-leader on safety, including representing the company to the press, at industry events, and to enterprise clients
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 8+ years of experience in a safety-focused role, ideally for a consumer-facing business and preferably a tech-enabled, online service
- Strong leadership skills and experience, including a proven ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Sound business judgment and excellent quantitative skills
- Experience defining and managing policies and procedures related to safety
- Proven track record of proactively identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
- Experience as an external spokesperson and company representative
- Ability to understand, evaluate, and differentiate a range of technical solutions to safety concerns
- Experience with the management of third-party service providers, including the selection process and contract negotiations
- Experience working closely with internal stakeholders across the organization including product management, engineering, legal, customer service, operations, and senior executives
- Strong project and process management skills, including establishing/managing a budget and setting/achieving goals
- Proficient knowledge of background checks, identity verification solutions, fraud detection solutions, etc. in the U.S. and internationally
- Enjoys switching between strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Care.com, an IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) company, was founded in 2006 on the understanding that quality family care is both a fundamental human need and a key driver of economic growth and empowerment. When children receive quality care in their critical formative years, they are on a path to achievement and success. Women disproportionately shoulder caregiving responsibilities, but when they have supports in place that enable them to work, our economy grows. When seniors receive quality care in their homes, healthcare costs decline with fewer hospital stays. When we have a strong caregiving workforce, all these things are possible.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!