Head of Product Growth at Datawire
Head of Product Growth
- FULL-TIME (REMOTE)
Ambassador Labs (formerly Datawire), the cloud native developer experience leader, enables developers to code, ship, and run applications faster and easier than ever. Maker of top Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) open source projects, including Emissary-ingress and Telepresence, Ambassador Labs delivers a developer control plane for Kubernetes that integrates the development, deployment, and production infrastructure for developers and organizations worldwide including Microsoft, PTC, NVidia, and Ticketmaster. Ambassador Labs is backed by top investors including Insight Partners, Matrix Partners, Trinity Ventures, and Four Rivers Group.
Ambassador Labs is solving interesting problems for cloud native developers in the Kubernetes space. Our mission is to make the complexities of developing, deploying, and operating micro-services on Kubernetes as straightforward as doing so on your own laptop.
About the role
We’ve been successful at building and growing our products with ad-hoc product management, but we want to grow even faster. So, we’re looking for someone whose focus is solely on accelerating our product growth and usage. We’re looking for you: someone with a passion for understanding developers, collaborating across teams, and creating great products.
You’ll own the product experience and user activation journey for our flagship cloud product, working closely with the marketing, developer relations, and engineering teams. You’ll also help refine our processes around how we operate and coordinate with your counterparts in design and engineering and marketing.
We believe passionately in product-led growth as our go-to-market model, and have designed our products and organization accordingly. We’ve worked hard to align our marketing, product, sales, and engineering into a full PLG model, and you’ll play a critical role in driving our product growth.
Ambassador Labs is experiencing tremendous growth which makes this rare first Product Manager opportunity both fun and challenging.
- Drive overall product growth by continuously improving the product experience and value proposition
- Partner with our marketing, engineering, and user experience teams to continuously improve adoption and growth
- Manage the product planning process; we loosely follow Shape Up as a methodology with 6 week development cycles
- Communicate with stakeholders including the CEO, CMO, and SVP Engineering
- 5+ years experience as a product manager in a high growth, product-led developer oriented / open source product
- Passionate about the user experience
- Excellent written communication skills. We’re a fully distributed company, so written communication is critical to our operation. We’ll ask to see a sample of your writing.
- Data driven, analytical mindsetComfort with highly technical products.
- We’re in the Kubernetes/cloud-native space, so make sure this is something that excites you!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Early-startup stock options
- The usual suite of benefits including health plans, 401k, etc.
- Flexible PTO
- Fully distributed organization
We strongly believe that Ambassador Labs’ success is dependent on hiring a diverse team. Diversity means a broader spectrum of opinions, ways of working and approaches to solving problems; we feel it is critical to helping drive the creativity, innovation and sound decision-making our customers love us for!
This is a demanding application process and a significant career move that’s well worth considering. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to give you our full attention in return. Talk to you soon!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!