Head of Product Design at Black Tux
Head of Product Design
- REMOTE US or SANTA MONICA, CA
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
As our Head of Product Design, you will lead our design team and shape the user experience for our customers & stakeholders across all platforms. You will be in charge of leading the design vision, strategy, processes, and team structure to help us achieve a first-class user experience and streamlined internal tooling. You will drive the ‘right’ projects forward for the business – balancing a resilient design system with immediate needs. This role will report to the VP of Technology.
What You’ll Do
- Lead our talented product designers to deliver meaningful results for key areas of the business.
- Lead activities across the product design team, ensuring quality of design, timeliness of project deliverables, and directing resourcing and prioritizing work.
- Contribute to design execution as IC when needed
- Collaborate with tech leadership during product planning to commit & deliver on roadmaps that consistently hit or exceed their goals.
- Contribute to the evolution of a collaborative and reliable product development life cycle, in partnership with engineering and product management
- Shape a collaborative design culture through industry best practices as well as new ideas, tools, and infrastructure that help teams design, build, and ship great work.
Who You Are
- Experience leading design teams collaborating with multiple mission-critical areas of a company and containing designers with specialized responsibilities.
- 2+ years of managing a successful design team
- 7+ years of applied UX/UI experience
- You understand how to leverage data as input for design and have a proven track record of leading teams to deliver on designs that in turn deliver business impact.
- You are an honest leader who believes in transparency: you share openly with your team, and connect with team members personally as well as professionally.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to articulate your viewpoint to achieve the best outcomes.
- You are a well-rounded design thinker, familiar with best practice not only for design, but research, messaging, and user experiences.
- You have experience in growing a design team from small to large, and have opinions about best practice for hiring, retaining, and nurturing team members.
- You have worked within both large and small companies as a designer, and have opinions around how to best scale a design team through different stages of growth.
Perks and Benefits at The Black Tux
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make.
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our full-time employees receive stock options and have a stake in the company
- We provide our full-time employees with Evergreen stock option grants every 2.5 years
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Daily commuter reimbursement
- Dog friendly HQ
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Weekly catered lunches
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Stocked Kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!