Head of Product at Paperspace
Title: Head of Product
- Location: United States, Remote
- PRODUCT / FULL TIME
Paperspace is a cloud computing company creating simple and scalable accelerated computing applications. Our goal is to allow individuals and professional teams to build applications with ease – from Machine Learning to 3D graphics.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Battery Ventures, and Intel Capital.
Paperspace values technical excellence in an open and inclusive environment. The team is primarily based in NYC, but we have a strong remote/hybrid team. Communication is paramount and mutual respect is at the core of our collaborative work environment. We are also committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe creating a more diverse team directly impacts our ability to collaborate effectively, build a better community, and produce better products.
Gradient is our end-to-end MLOps platform that allows users to explore their data, train their models, and deploy them. Notebook IDE, Workflows, and Deployments make up the products we offer to users in addition to platform entitles such as storage providers, datasets, secrets, models, and metrics. We’re building a complete end-to-end platform so users can have a delightful experience at every step of the way to lower the barrier to machine learning and make it more accessible to all.
As Head of Product, you’ll bring your domain expertise and experience managing technical products to set direction and own success for an exciting problem space. You will partner across engineering, design, marketing, and sales to shape and execute the product strategy. In addition, you work with users and metrics to identify new opportunities to improve the product and help define the roadmap.
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of experience managing a technical product and working with multiple product teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ideally have started your own companies or have worked in a fast-paced environment working with ambiguity and focusing on driving impact
- Experience writing comprehensive user stories that motivate and guide engineering efforts with the right amount of constraints
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Ability to communicate the product value and opportunities across a wide range of audiences from engineering, marketing, and sales to individual users and B2B customers
- Experience shipping high-quality products from planning to launch to maintenance
- Ability to make trade-offs effectively in regards to both engineering and product requirements, while also effectively balancing short term and long term needs
What you’ll be doing
- Working with cross-functional teams to own the end to end journey for users
- Deeply immerse yourself in the industry and the user’s world to understand patterns and to maintain a strong mental model of the market
- Evangelize the product opportunities to provide clarity and inspiration to all teams
- Maintain a product backlog and roadmap to communicate business goals and timelines to ensure alignment across the board
- Grow a team of product managers and facilitate a culture so that they can do their best work
Who you’ll be working with
Dillon Erb – CEO and Co-Founder
Dillon describes himself as collaborative and accessible but is also a technical person who prefers results-oriented strategies. The CEO is looking for a self-starter who isn’t afraid to dive into the details and is very process-driven.
- Multiple health care insurance options with premium plans in addition to vision and dental insurance plans
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Commuter benefits with a contribution from the company
- Responsible Time Off Policy
- Generous and flexible parental leave
- Fitness & wellness benefit
- Remote friendly and hybrid office environment for New York team members
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!