Head of People and Culture at Percona
Head of People and Culture
ADMINISTRATION – HR
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Our people are our greatest asset and our competitive advantage. Percona is looking to hire a Head of People and Culture who understands the importance of our global distributed team and is skilled at advancing our goals, strategies, as well as culture as we continue on our high growth plan.
This position has high accountability and visibility, and reports to the General Manager. We want candidates who can prove they are leaders, effective people managers, culturally astute and problem-solvers. The right candidate will be able to balance People (Human Resource) Operations and create and execute Percona’s People Strategy. If you are all of these, have a solid background in organizational development, thrive in a culturally diverse, remote workplace and our values resonate with you, we want to talk to you.
Internal Leadership Development
- Collaborate with management on succession planning objectives
- Develop career paths and structured evaluations for each position, facilitating discussions between leadership and teams
- Partner with Managers and Director of Learning & Development to build leadership development training programs, including change management initiatives
Human Resource and Compliance
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing HR policies and procedures ( including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, employee relations, and off-boarding of personnel) as well as retention incentives (including compensation, equity option plan, benefits, etc.) ensuring best practices and that they adhere to governing regulations while supporting Percona’s mission and goals
- Lead, hire, evaluate and manage the team of HR professionals
- Prepare reports for the Executive Management Team using business metrics and KPIs to measure success and ensure efficiencies in your function
- Mitigate Percona’s risk as it specifically relates to employment and staffing
- Establish goals and budget for annual and 3 year plans for the HR department
- Ensure use of HRIS systems are best practice
- Lead annual staff evaluation process and policy, making recommendations for improvements
- Build and implement processes, tools, and technology infrastructures to drive employee performance
- Create and set performance metrics/expectations, while continuing to strengthen the process for evaluating performance
- Champion positive employee relations strengthening Percona’s culture
- Directs, develops and leads culture and engagement initiatives in partnership with the Executive Management Team to create an atmosphere of inclusion and well-being
- Fosters a positive team member experience that drives growth, development and wellness
- Oversees and leads the conducting of regular employee surveys and to assess and improve team member engagement
- Proven experience as senior People Operations leader and mentor (or equivalent roles in Human Resources), including employment law and best practices, industry benchmarks for compensation and benefits
- Built and implemented successful recruitment and retention programs at previous organizations
- Passion for creating an environment where every staff member has the opportunity, support to thrive professionally and contribute to the overall success of our customers and Percona
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational behavior or equivalent industry certifications
- Worked for 5+ years in globally distributed organizations
- BambooHR or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with technology and systems to increase productivity of the People Operations team
This US-based position is remote and will work across global time zones.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!