Head of People and Culture at Birdeye
Head of People & Culture at Birdeye – Apply now!
15 years ago brands controlled customer experiences. But in 2022, it’s customer experiences that control brands. Customers now choose businesses based on shared experiences, not ads. So marketers now have to create and promote great experiences, and they need a platform that can do this at scale.
Birdeye is an all-in-one Customer Experience platform for multi-location businesses. More than 80,000 businesses of all sizes use Birdeye every day to be found online and chosen through listings, reviews and referrals; be connected with leads and customers on the channels of their choice, and deliver the best customer experience with survey, ticketing and insights tools.
Founded in 2012, Birdeye is headquartered in Palo Alto, and led by alumni from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Yahoo. Birdeye is backed by Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, World Innovation Lab and Accel-KKR. The company has been the highest-rated Reputation and Customer Experience platform over the last 5 years on G2.
What You’ll Do
The Head of People & Culture will be passionate about delivering innovative talent strategies, tools and processes that will drive business forward, enable our employees to thrive, and focus on identifying critical skills that will build a strong Talent organization. Your overall goal will be to enable short-term and long-term strategic objectives by developing and retaining the best talent that will empower our organization and contribute to Birdeye’s overall success. Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for leading a global team that will provide strategic direction, subject matter expertise, as well as program execution of initiatives to support and sustain a high performance, innovative, and entrepreneurial culture for Birdeye.
- Leading the Human Resources function including talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, career development, benefits, and HRIS
- Leading a global talent acquisition function to meet goals of a fast growing business
- Lead the Talent Development efforts
- Contribute to a culture where learning, coaching and delivering consistent feedback lead to positive impact and results.
- Work with Senior Executives to further the adoption of the Culture and Values
- Remaining current on all regulatory and legal changes regarding HR compliance
- Maintain the HRIS; coordinate with Finance on the delivery of payroll, benefits administration (including 401k plan compliance); and manage the vendor relationships for benefits providers.
- Counseling management and staff on employee relations issues, interpretation of company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Partner closely with Leadership as well as HR Business Partners to develop an integrated approach to talent initiatives such as hiring, career, mobility, succession planning and ongoing development
- Providing the tools to work with managers on discipline issues, terminations, manage the performance review processes, and ensuring we have a high performance culture
- Continuously explore ways for Birdeye’s talent planning approach to be more ground-breaking while striving for efficiency, effectiveness and agility
Note: this is a roll up your sleeves, operational, organizational role
- Bachelor’s degree required – Master’s degree preferred with a focus in Organization Development, HR, or related field
- 10+ years of Talent Management, Organization Development, Leadership Development and/or Human Resources related experience
- 7+ years of people management experience
- Experience in Tech industry in a similar role is a MUST
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR & business practices
- PHR or SPHR certification recommended
- Staffing and Selection at the senior leadership level
- Organization design and restructuring experience
- Performance Management
- Change Management
- Talent Development
- Strong business partnering skills and business acumen.
- Employee and labor relations
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.
We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.
- Employer-paid benefits with multiple health plan options (HSA, PPO)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work from home options available
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Employee Resource Groups – network with like-minded “Birds”
- Abundant opportunities that come with a dynamic and fast-growing organization!