Head of People at Scott's Cheap Flights
Head of People
As Head of People, you will be responsible for the entire People/HR function at Scott’s Cheap Flights. This includes performance management, learning and development, D&I, hiring, team retreats, succession planning, change management, talent acquisition, payroll and PEO management, HR laws and regulations, total rewards, and generally working to improve the company culture and employee experience each and every day. You will be an HR business partner to the leadership team and a resource for the entire company for HR-related topics. You will work to build relationships of trust and respect with everyone at the company as we scale from 35 to 75+ employees. You will be a part of the Scott’s Cheap Flights Leadership Team and will report directly to the CEO.
In the short term, you will:
- Meet with everyone at the company to learn about the SCF company culture and identify our areas of strength and our areas of improvement
- Work with managers to build out a performance management plan to ensure every employee is receiving the necessary feedback to continue leveling up and progressing in their career
- Complete an HR audit and employee engagement survey and use this to build a 6 month plan for the People/HR function
- Join the weekly leadership team meetings and quarterly leadership onsites
- Create a budget for the People/HR function for the remainder of 2020, including hiring plans
In the long term, you will:
- Build and coach a team of People Operations professionals that work towards creating an exceptional employee experience
- Establish a culture of feedback through performance management and a culture of continual improvement through learning and development initiatives
- Ensure SCF is an inclusive and diverse place to work where everyone can be themselves and thrive as we work towards our mission and vision
- Develop an employer branding strategy that ensure Scott’s Cheap Flights is recognized as go-to organization for leaders and staff
What you bring to the table:
- Must have’s:
Nice to have’s:
- Leadership Team Experience: You have previous experience as a member of a leadership team, driving strategic decisions and collaborating cross-functionally. You understand the need for healthy debate and thrive in a feedback-driven environment.
- Team Leadership + Management: You have at least five years of experience leading highly capable people teams, with demonstrated success hiring, developing, and mentoring a team of people/HR professionals, ideally in a distributed environment.
- Data Driven: You are obsessed with data analysis and hypothesis-driven experimentation.
- Performance Management: You have experience building out performance management systems and tools that directly contribute to higher employee engagement and achievement of company goals.
- Remote Culture: You understand what it takes to build an amazing company culture so well that you can do it without everyone being in the same location.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: You believe in and advocate for DEI initiatives and ensure that all employees, no matter their background, are welcome and can thrive at SCF.
- Total Rewards: You understand compensation banding and total rewards and ensure all of our employees are compensated fairly and competitively.
- Legal & Compliance: You’re an HR expert, especially in a remote environment, and can ensure that SCF is compliant with all HR laws.
- Learning & Development: You understand the value of continual learning and have experience building L&D resources for employees.
- Change Management: You’ve been through company growth and changes multiple times before and can provide advice and strategies for change management both to the leadership team and employees.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to jump between high level strategy and tactical execution, especially early on
- Experience working with a company as it went through multiple stages of growth
- Experience working remotely
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
- Advanced HR certification(s)
- Experience working with a B2C company
- Experience working within the travel industry
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ’s to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (this year we went to Riviera Maya!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your whole self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!