Head of People at Tempest Sobriety
Head of People
- United States
- Full time
We are looking for a Head of People to lead our People Operations function at Tempest. You are empathetic and kind, can advocate for Tempest employees and help the company operate responsibly. We are excited to meet candidates from all background that are passionate about our mission to put people at the center of their recovery. This position is remote friendly.
The Head of People will:
- Report to the CEO
- Build a People team
- Provide advice and counsel to leaders and employees
- Lead recruitment across departments
- Act as the leadership sponsor of our DEI Strategic Group
- Establish a performance management process
- Hold onboarding sessions and exit interviews
- Support employee learning & development plans
- Ensure HR compliance to our Code of Conduct, employee relations investigations
- Maintain the integrity of our employee compensation policies and processes
- Manage the employee Handbook and our PEO, Justworks
- 10+ years lead in People Operations
- 5+ years leading a People team
- Deep personal alignment with the mission of Tempest
- High EQ and experience in acting as a strategic advisor to CEO and leadership team
- Ability to use best practices to negotiate and manage change
- Sound judgment with an ability to handle confidential information
- Experience running an end-to-end recruitment process
- 18 days PTO
- 12 holidays including Juneteenth and “Fall-Food-Weekend (our inclusive version of Thanksgiving)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for employees, dependents, and spouses
- Free access to One Medical through Justworks
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSAs
- $75 monthly wellness stipend
- No meeting Fridays
- A code of conduct with reporting structure
The salary range for this position is $120,000 – $135,000
Working at Tempest
Tempest is a female-founded, digital recovery platform that works. Our mission as a modern alternative to traditional alcohol misuse treatment is to put people at the center of their recovery. We proudly serve a unique base of members who are largely ignored by the wellness and recovery industries. Our method is empowering, holistic, and a fraction of the cost of traditional treatment.
Our empathetic approach to our members mirrors how we work together as a team. We’re a group of passionate and committed folks who believe in authenticity, support, and joy. Our employees are for each other – we put the team above all else. While you absolutely do not have to be sober to work at Tempest, several us are, and we honor that by celebrating soberversarys and through an entirely sober social calendar.
Tempest provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!