Head of Marketing at Lower Street
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
We have a champagne problem and need your help! – Lower Street is growing quickly with almost zero marketing. It means we’re spending all our time delivering for clients, and not enough time telling everyone about the amazing work we’re doing.
We are offering the opportunity to grow a marketing department from the ground up, take Lower Street to the next level, and grow your compensation with it.
Who is Lower Street and what do we do?
Lower Street is a fast growing podcast agency. We work with brands to develop, produce, and grow award-winning shows.
Shows with brands like HPE, BCG, Booking.com, Ford as well as funded startups and agencies.
We have doubled in size two years in a row and are currently 18 fully remote people across the UK, US, Canada, Portugal, Israel, the Philippines (plus a digital nomad currently working from Bulgaria!).
Our latest eNPS score is 77 – the team really love working here and maintaining our amazing remote culture is something we obsess over.
We have grown to be a 7 figure agency all through organic inbound traffic and without a dedicated marketing lead. So we now see an incredible opportunity for a skilled marketer to come in and drive our next phase of growth.
What’s the role?
If you’re looking for a to-do list of tasks then this is not the role for you.
You’ll be reporting directly to and working very closely with the founder. Lower Street is still an early stage company, and as such the Head of Marketing will be entering on the ground floor to position us as THE leading branded podcast agency.
It’s very much a case of “As you help the company grow, your role and your compensation will grow with it” position.
You won’t be babysat, you won’t be micromanaged.
We have established a ton of areas of opportunity that, until now, we haven’t had the resources to execute, so you’re not starting from scratch. But you’ll be setting your own agenda – which ideas to work on, which to scrap, which that we haven’t considered yet – to help us reach our goals most effectively.
SEO, content, paid, social, email, PR, this role will touch everything. You’ll work closely with the Head of Sales to understand the impact of the projects you work on and continually optimize.
You may have owned/led your own digital agency in the past and are looking to take what you’ve learned there and apply it to an established company in a growing space where you see potential.
Or you may be hungry, with a skillset, passion and drive to own Lower Street’s growth with incredible upside potential for you and your career.
If you thrive on autonomy, creativity, and trust, this could be the place for you.
Who are we looking for?
- You believe in investing in truly best-in-class content and love creating it.
- You believe in quality over quantity.
- You nerd out on funnels and conversions.
- You love podcasts.
- You want the freedom to work when and where you want.
We don’t expect you to be a podcasting expert today, but we expect you to become one with us. You should have a demonstrated understanding of the B2B content industry.
- Creative. You love coming up with solutions to problems. You thrive on creating unique ways to stand out in a crowded space.
- Multidisciplinary. We are a podcast company, but we create written, audio, video, and social content. You should have experience across all of these.
- Strategic. You are structured in your thinking and are able to prioritize projects based on goals. You have a point of view and are willing to stand up for – and can justify – what you believe is the best path forward.
- Ambitious. You want to drive our growth and grow with us. You don’t want to stand still, but make a genuine impact and get to own the results you deliver.
- Scrappy. You take pride in getting a lot done with the limited time and resources you have. You punch well above your weight.
Things you’ll do
- Own our marketing funnel
- Develop and execute a content strategy
- Refine our positioning and branding
- Create and optimize email campaigns
- Work closely with the founder on big exciting content projects
- Manage our in-house content writer
- Manage a marketing budget
- Manage project freelancers/contractors
- Work from anywhere.
- Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest — we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
- Truly great work culture.
- We’re a young and small, but established company — you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
- Flexible Hours.
- Outside of ideally having some working overlap with UK working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and public holiday policy.
- Just throw us some notice and share where you go on holiday!
- Equipment Budget.
- Headphones, software, staplers, fax machine (probably not that last one) — whatever you need to be set up for success.
- Professional Development Allowance.
- Courses, conference tickets, books — we’re invested in you.
- Planned team retreats in really fun spots.
- At least once per year, we get together to collaborate and celebrate.
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply below. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please, sneak the word ‘Turnip’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.
We can’t wait to meet you!