Head of Marketing at ClassDojo
Head of Marketing
- San Francisco or remote
ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love.We are doing this by first bringing together communities of teachers, children and families, and then giving them learning experiences their children love. ClassDojo is a consumer network, and is already serving communities at massive scale: last year we served 1 in 20 children in primary school in the world—50 million+ children—with a team of just 45. The communities we serve love and adore ClassDojo; our Net Promoter Score is usually in the 70s and 80s.
As ClassDojo’s Head of Marketing, your work is critical to bringing about this vision.
You will have massive impact; here’s some of what we think you’ll do:
- Deeply understand our customers, using your unique insights to design, test and scale effective go-to-market strategies.
- Drive our growth from serving tens of millions to hundreds of millions—and one day one billion—children. You’ll drive a similar path on revenue growth.
- Create a new category (“consumer education”), and establish ClassDojo as the category leader: the world’s most-loved education brand and a household name for every family.
- Build and lead a world class, multi-disciplinary marketing organization.
- Be a strong thought partner for our CEO and the rest of the leadership team.
Some of the strengths you’ll need to bring:
- 12+ years’ marketing experience, ideally with stints in both product and growth marketing, with significant experience leading high-performing marketing teams
- Track record: demonstrated results growing consumer user bases and revenue for consumer technology products and services
- Leadership: significant experience building and leading world-class teams
- Strategic: you are a strong strategic thought partner for the CEO and the rest of the leadership team, across a broad range of leadership problems
- Customer obsession: you deeply understand your customers, their psychology and their motivations
- Strong structured problem-solving skills: you disaggregate complexity to find clear, actionable strategies
- Learning fast: you take a data-driven approach to measurement, experimentation and getting results
- Execution: you are ambitious and scrappy; you move fast, raising the bar for the speed of experimentation and results
- Communication: clear, concise written and spoken communication
If this sounds like you—and if you’re excited about having an impact on the future of education at massive scale—we’d love to hear from you.
ClassDojo’s mission is to bring communities together, and give their kids an education they love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, and children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community, and exciting, inspiring and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We’re one of the fastest growing education companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, families and children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is global, with deep backgrounds in education, and has helped build companies like Khan Academy, Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Lyft, Uber, Facebook, LinkedIn, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that we hope will transform education for every child on Earth, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work, too. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We will accommodate any disabilities or special needs. Unless otherwise specified, all our roles are by default open to both those local to San Francisco, and to distributed teammates around the world.
If you’re excited about having an impact on the future of education, at massive scale, we’d love to hear from you.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!