Head of Developer Experience at Camunda
Title: Head of Developer Experience
- Location: United States
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
The Camunda Developer Relations team exists to serve the Camunda developer community, from internal employees to Open Source contributors, Enterprise customers, and the broader tech community.
It is our goal to provide opportunities for developers to be more successful by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them to be successful through great experiences, and fostering a culture of collaboration.
Now we are looking for a Head of Developer Experience to join our team and support us by creating a consistent developer experience across a growing number of products, projects, and programs.
This role is a remote position based in the United States, UK, or Germany
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing documentation standards and best practices for Camunda’s engineers to follow.
- Taking the initiative to update documentation as necessary, smoothing out the rough edges.
- Identifying the gaps in developer onboarding and creating a clear path forward on how to fill the gaps.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Technical Support teams to enable the Camunda developer audience.
- Prioritizing developer experience-related tasks according to urgency and importance and delegating to the responsible teams.
What you’ll bring along:
- 2+ years of experience in creating a successful Developer Experience function or equivalent experience.
- Has a passion and proven record for enabling developers (internally as well as externally) with measurable results.
- Coding experience (either hobby or professionally) in order to be able to look at the product from a developer’s perspective.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a variety of leadership levels throughout the organization to accomplish a singular goal.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of cross-team collaboration, communication, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working autonomously and asynchronously across a variety of timezones.
What we have to offer:
- You will join a fast growing company with an extremely motivated team
- Medical benefits (general, dental, vision) for you and your dependants
- 401(k) Plan from day one
- Competitive compensation, benefits and 20 days vacation
- Freedom of choice in your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free sports club membership
- Flexible working environment and you decide what works best for you
- Annual company retreat at an international location
- And if you dare free language classes
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!