Head of Content and Creative at Kickstarter
Head of Content & Creative
- BRAND MARKETING
Kickstarter, PBC is seeking an experienced Head of Content & Creative to join our Brand Marketing team.
About the Team
The Brand Marketing team is responsible for building awareness and affinity for Kickstarter, so that as a platform, we can help bring more creative projects to life. We work to amplify Kickstarter’s mission and values through creative content, events and partnerships, emails and newsletters, communications and press, social media, and brand design. Our team also operates The Creative Independent, a growing resource of emotional and practical guidance for creative people.
In This Role, You Will:
- Conceptualize, maintain, and iterate on a content strategy for Kickstarter that ladders into company vision and team goals.
- Make clear recommendations for how to grow our audience and elevate the brand, bringing a clear, evidence-based perspective on how and when to utilize a broad range of mediums, including editorial content, educational material, social media, events/experiences, and partnerships.
- Operationalize the strategy by working with VP of Brand Marketing on a plan to prioritize and resource it and by setting goals for the strategy and its key components.
- Galvanize your direct reports and stakeholders across the organization to ensure the success of the strategy and report on how well various tactics and channels are meeting their goals.
- Develop messaging priorities and maintain an editorial calendar for Kickstarter by shaping the work of content producers, helping them define channel-specific strategies, and oversee the creative execution laddering up to the content strategy.
- Give feedback on content to ensure alignment with the strategy.
- Support the growth of your direct reports.
- Manage budget for creative production.
- Manage freelancers.
- Write/edit content as needed.
- You have crafted content strategy on behalf of a high-profile global brand, and effectively brought it to life.
- You approach content expansively, with a clear perspective on how and when to utilize a broad range of mediums.
- You have proven experience leading the development of a successful content strategy that engages creative communities. You have an impressive portfolio of work you’ve led, and can cite strong engagement metrics for past projects.
- You are poised to make evidence-based recommendations on where to invest Kickstarter’s time and resources to generate the highest impact results.
- You have experience engaging with partner companies/orgs to expand the reach of content.
- You have experience orchestrating or producing events or experiences to build a brand.
- You have experience crafting / shaping channel-specific strategies (e.g. social media, email) to meet larger content objectives.
- You uphold high standards in relation to brand integrity (visual and verbal). You are a strong writer and editor with experience shaping a brand’s voice based on key aspects of its identity. You’re able to communicate nuanced information about voice and tone to stakeholders who have varying degrees of comfort and experience generating copy.
- You have managed an in-house team as well as freelancers, and have access to a deep freelance bench of writers, editors, and creative thinkers.
- You are a goal-oriented and inspiring leader, deeply invested in the growth and success of your reports. You bring a strong management perspective, and can adapt to direct reports’ various needs and working styles. You empower direct reports to act autonomously; and have the ability to get immersed in the work when helpful.
- You’re an exceptional communicator and collaborator. You bring an enthusiastic and inspiring energy, and enjoy facilitating creative brainstorms. You have experience galvanizing people across the organization to realize ambitious work, partnering with people who bring all different kinds of expertise, from designers to brand strategists to data analysts.
- You’re a strategic thinker with strong judgement. You put the needs of the company first, and are not precious about your own ideas; you maintain flexibility and are willing to pivot based on evidence. You’re comfortable making decisions and building buy-in for them.
- You have an understanding of and interest in design practice. Facility with Adobe Creative Suite a plus, including light video editing skills, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!