Head of Brand & Marketing (early stage b2c)
REMOTE · Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
WHO WE ARE
We’re Qeepsake and we help parents capture, preserve, and cherish meaningful memories about their children. With Qeepsake, parents create heirlooms of precious memories, in their own words, to pass down to their children. Think of it as the modern day baby book, made far more accessible and far more fun!
Having secured several rounds of funding and surpassing 2x growth in 2018, we’re expanding our high performing team of 11 to address the opportunities and challenges of moving beyond early adopters into mass market. This is the early stage opportunity with huge market potential you’ve been looking for.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for an experienced brand & performance marketing leader to build out and lead the marketing team that generates new user growth. This is a leadership role (we’re flexible on title) that will be responsible for shaping the Qeepsake brand and its positioning in the marketplace, and be responsible for overseeing strategy and execution for all consumer acquisition marketing programs.
The company’s headquarters are outside Boston, MA though half of the team works remotely from elsewhere in the U.S. So we’re open to on-site or fully remote US-based candidates.
YOUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know.
Your responsibilities at Qeepsake would include:
- Owning the positioning of Qeepsake’s brand, including all messaging
- New channel development: testing acquisition initiatives and campaigns across PPC, affiliate, influencer, organic social, and other channels
- Using your skills and creativity to create PR opportunities for Qeepsake to build more brand awareness
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a small team of marketers
- Lead forecasting and budget management for all acquisition channels
- Lead efforts to encourage existing free members to upgrade to paid memberships
- Measure and report important metrics and regularly share results and insights
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Past successes in building brands—demonstrating strong writing, and storytelling abilities, with a customer-centric approach
- Experience recruiting, managing, and mentoring a team
- Experience identifying, piloting, and building out new user acquisition channels for consumer low price-point products
- Considerable experience in Facebook and Instagram paid ad management, referral programs, affiliate marketing, influencer marketing, and in PR, among other channels
- Experience with parent and mom demographic
- Experience working as part of a distributed team
Qeepsake offers competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, co-working space stipend, paid parental leave, paid holidays, paid time off, sick days, and stock options.