Head Engineer at Smarking
This is an excellent position for a highly capable software engineer who’s ready to take on bigger responsibilities, team wide leadership, and a leap of faith, to not only continue shipping codes and building amazing products and systems, but also lead and build a team of solid engineers to help scale cutting edge tech solutions from ground up for a massive and overlooked market .
The Head Engineer will report to the CEO directly, and join the management team to provide engineering leadership company wide.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (in the order of priorities):
- Hands on scaling tech platforms with large data and activity volumes and complex user entities
- Provide basic managerial and leadership support to enable an engineering team of 5-10
- Recruiting/hiring strong engineers
- Work with the CEO to refine/improve engineering production, outcome, and practice
- Empower other parts of the company with engineering and technical insights
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of hands on software engineering work experience
- Successful hands on experience scaling tech platforms from ground up to large scale
- Successful experience working with a team of people (cross functionally and leading Jr. engineers) to build and scale systems
- Experience in recruiting solid software engineers (participation at least if not as a hiring manager)
- Experience in mentoring, coaching if not leading and managing other software engineers
- Experience in very early stage tech start ups is a huge plus
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team first
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Competitive salary, founding level equity, flexible title.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!