HCC Risk Adjustment, Evaluation and Management Coder at Aviacode
HCC Risk Adjustment/Evaluation & Management Coder
Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
Job ID: 2020-1947
# of Openings: 1
Category: Medical Coding
Minimum Hours: Varies
Aviacode is looking for a remote coder with HCC and E/M coding experience specific to family practice, OB, and Womens Wellness visits. Minium of 15 hours a week required.
Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is your opportunity to be part of this exciting team.
Remote coder will assign appropriate E/M, CPT and ICD-10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable in an ongoing concurrent HCC coding project. Coders will also be expected to capture E/M levels as well as standard procedures related to
family practice, OB, and Womens Wellness visits. Minium of 15 hours a week required.
- Ongoing concurrent HCC project
- E/M and procedure coding
- Single DOS
- Expected charts per hour 10+
- Assign appropriate ICD10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable
- Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements
- Check chart assignments every day and accurately report all hours worked on a daily basis
- Maintain quality and production standards required by company
- Report work-related concerns to project manager
- Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines
- Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Participate in testing and training as required by the Company
- Active certified coder certification through AHIMA or AAPC required (CRC, CPC, CCS – P). CCA, CPC-A are not accepted.
- Minimum 3 years coding experience (must have proof of holding a coding credential for over 3 years)
- Minimum 2 years of Evaluation and Management experience
- Minimum 2 years of CMS-HCC experience
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 15 hours a week
- EPIC Experience
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient and inpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred);
- Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder)
- Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management
- Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines (24-48 hour turnaround time on all assigned charts)
- Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision
- Exemplary attention to detail and completeness-all medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing requirements based on HCC scoring model
- Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, Excel, and the Internet);
- Must have high-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows 10 operating system
- Strong organization skills; interpersonal and customer service skills; written and oral communication skills; and analytical skills
- Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!