Hardware Engineering Program Manager at curbFlow
Hardware Engineering Program Manager
- ANYWHERE, USA OR CANADA /PRODUCT, DESIGN & ENGINEERING /FULL-TIME
curbFlow is a venture-backed, early-stage startup that is developing the first-ever marketplace for real-time curb access for commercial and on demand operators like UPS and DoorDash. Operators and their drivers use curbFlow’s platform to execute more efficient, safer and reliable on-street pickups & drop-offs of parcels, deliveries and freight. curbFlow is “virtualizing” the built environment, creating meaningful value for operators in the physical space without having to touch the existing infrastructure or engage with or ask for permission from municipalities.
curbFlow is seeking an Engineering Program Manager to drive development and release of its new upcoming devices. As an EPM, you will manage interactions between in-house engineering teams and manufacturing partners to develop a plan, then ensure execution and development of new consumer electronic devices, anticipating risks and driving the team to a successful launch. The ideal candidate will also help to define and evolve release processes to improve quality and efficiency of curbFlow product releases.
- Define and drive new device release schedules to meet the company’s business goals
- Drive cross-functional teams across mechanical, electrical and software engineering to build plan and drive execution
- Identify interdependencies in complex systems involving electronics, mechanicals, firmware, and computer vision
- Identify technical and operational risks throughout the development of complex consumer electronic devices, develop mitigation plans
- Own relationship with manufacturing partners to understand risks and drive successful executionReport status of programs at executive level
- Work deeply with technical teams to understand requirements, dependencies, and propose solutions
What You Bring to the Table
- Technical project management: tracking dates and requirements in a complex environment involving multiple products, platforms and technologies ( electronics, mechanicals, embedded SW, mobile apps, backend, computer vision)Strong scope management and project reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams and drive action
- Highly organized with an eye for detail
- Paranoid about failure modes, and driven to create reliable products
- Capable of managing complex feature dependencies to guarantee quality
- Able to create reports and scorecards that accurately summarize complex information
- Skilled at working with a variety of stakeholders, including engineering, product management, manufacturing, marketing, customer support, sales and senior management
- Engineering background required (EE or ME preferred)Prior experience working on electronic devices required (video devices preferred)
Due to the mission-critical nature of this position, you will report directly to the CEO and have regular 1:1’s. You will be part of the Management team and help drive strategy for the Company.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!