Growth Coordinator at Kialo
Kialo is the world’s largest argument mapping site: facilitating, capturing and visualizing the world’s hardest debates. Since our launch in late 2017, we have grown into a community with thousands of debates and millions of contributions. Included under the Kialo umbrella is Kialo Edu, a custom version of Kialo built specifically for educators – since launching in November 2019, it has seen great uptake, and is being used by educators worldwide to teach critical thinking and facilitate thoughtful classroom discussion. Kialo Pro, a version of Kialo built for businesses, is in the works and is already in use by companies during the development stage.
At Kialo, our mission is to make the world a more thoughtful place. With clear visualization of arguments and powerful, easy to use navigation tools, Kialo is a dynamic space for thoughtful discussion.
About the Role
We’re currently seeking a Growth Coordinator on a long-term contractor basis to join our remote team, to assist with the growth and marketing of Kialo Edu. As a Growth Coordinator at Kialo you’ll work with a diverse and vibrant team from around the world and collaborate with other team members to promote the expansion of Kialo Edu.
Working within our Growth Team, this role will see you be involved in a dynamic range of tasks to help expand our user base. Using your creativity and critical thinking skills you will help to develop and execute new global marketing strategies whilst consistently looking for ways to improve existing processes.
As this role is focused in our edtech sector, preference will be given to those with edtech working experience, or a generalised educational background; however, we are open to applications from those who meet our base-level requirements, even if edtech has not previously been a speciality.
We are looking for 30-40hrs/week commitment (and are negotiable within that range). This role would – at least initially – be a contractor role, with an hourly rate of $34/hr; we would be offering in the range of $60-70k annually, contingent on hours worked. Finally – as a globally distributed company, we have no specific preferences as to location, but preference will be given to those based in the US or able to manage calls with US partners.
Our Growth Coordinator will begin with a six week training period, during which we will focus on knowledge building of the various Kialo sites and the community we support.
After this period, Growth Coordinator tasks will include:
- Aiding in the development and execution of global marketing strategies for Kialo Edu, including both organic and paid marketing.
- Managing and coordinating organic marketing content – ranging from social media to blog posts – to increase growth and brand awareness
- Creation of organic marketing copy across a variety of channels.
- Assisting in the development of strategic partnerships with a variety of corporate entities, NGOs and governmental bodies.
- Work on improving the onboarding process and UX of Kialo Edu through a variety of projects, including community building and user feedback
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in a Marketing or Business related subject)
- Prior experience with Marketing/Social Media Management
Professional Skills Requirements
- Diligent, self-directed and organised, able to work with a high degree of independence in a globally distributed team
- Strong attention to detail, with a ‘perfectionist’ streak
- Highly developed analytical skills
- High degree of comfort speaking to external partners
- Experience with global marketing
- Experience with SEO and related analytics tools such as Google Analytics, as well as with A/B testing tools
- Experience with online community building and UX
- Experience in freelance and remote working
- Proficiency in a second language is desirable
- Experience within an EdTech environment would be desirable
If this role sounds exciting to you, please get in touch at email@example.com with an email subject line of ‘Growth Coordinator – [your name]’.
Please note clearly your relevant experience for this role. It would be highly beneficial – if possible – to attach any applicable portfolio work that demonstrates the skills we are looking for, with emphasis on marketing and social media copywriting.
Shortlisted candidates will be initially asked to attend a video interview with our hiring manager, during which we will discuss next steps and answer any initial questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that applications for this position will close 19th April 2021.
Location: Anywhere, but must be able to manage calls with US partners
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!