Group Sales Agent
Job locations: US-Remote
Are you passionate about sales and building business relationships? Do you have the discipline to work from home? Are you energized by the challenge of exceeding performance goals? If yes, your sales career in travel awaits!
World Travel Holdings is seeking a Group Sales Agent who will be responsible for maximizing revenue and profitability by successfully building/maintaining client relationships and closing group sales that generate repeat business and referrals. Group Account Executives must achieve and sustain performance measures while exhibiting professionalism, business acumen and delivering a remarkable experience to our customers. You will be successful by achieving goals that include, but are not limited to, cruise sales, complimentary product sales, net revenue and exceptional service levels. The Group Account Executive owns the relationship with their group/event leaders and is responsible for creating, maintaining, growing and managing their groups/events profitably.
- Handle all company supplied leads in a polite and courteous manner, and in accordance with WTH sales guidelines. Convey enthusiasm to customers with a genuine desire to be of service.
- Be the “go to” Groups Executive your customers need by providing expert travel recommendations and conducting necessary follow-up that meets company expectations
- Proficient in execution of sales processes, including our Customer Connection sales process for the sale of group cruises, travel insurance, and lead management.
- Accurately book and confirm vacation reservations in a timely manner
- Negotiate and block group space with vendors
- Create and manage group leads in our proprietary reservation system
- Develop, working with Group Leaders, effective marketing programs to promote incremental sales.
- Inform customers of the appropriate terms and conditions along with any other relevant information relating to their group reservation.
- Manage payment guidelines/deadlines
- Effectively recommend and sale add-on products such as Shore Excursion Group, Resort For A Day, per paid gratuities, and trip protection.
- Maintain brand integrity at all times
- Maintain a minimum performance standard of a General Account Executive
- Maintain periodic contact with existing and prospective customers through outbound efforts to generate new business and build a repeat client base.
- Be engaged in team meetings and/or training sessions to build your knowledge base and awareness of company initiatives
What should you expect?
- Tech Savvy: You will have multiple computer screens open at the same, instant messages popping up, and emails coming through all while navigating through several systems and maintaining an engaged conversation with our customer.
- Pay: Our compensation plan rewards great performance. You are guaranteed an hourly base pay or booking incentive, whichever is greater.
- Work At Home: It’s convenient, but it doesn’t work for everyone. You must be disciplined and enjoy working independently. You’ll need a space free of distractions with a stable phone and internet connectivity (minimum Internet speeds of 2.0 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download) in order to assist our customers. Please visithttp://www.speedtest.net/ to test your current internet speeds.
- Equipment: We’ll provide you with a phone and the necessary computer equipment.
- Environment: Expect to move fast, adapt to changes, and work under pressure to meet deadlines. You can also expect a team of professionals who are available to help you navigate and grow.
- Benefits: Eligible 90 days after hire to include medical/dental, 401K,travel discounts, paid time off, and more.
About World Travel Holdings
World Travel Holdings is the world’s largest cruise agency and award-winning leisure travel company with a portfolio of more than 40 diverse brands. In addition to owning some of the largest brands distributing cruises, villas, hotels, resort vacations, cars and luxury travel services, World Travel Holdings has a vast portfolio of licensed private label partnerships comprised of top leisure travel providers, including almost every U.S. airline, leading hotel brands and prominent corporations. The company also operates a top-rated travel agency franchise and the country’s original host agency, and is consistently recognized as an industry leader in work-at-home employment. Its global presence includes operating multiple cruise and vacation brands in the United Kingdom. World Travel Holdings has offices in Wilmington, Mass.; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.; Virginia Beach, Va.; New York, NY; and Chorley, England. For more information, visit WorldTravelHoldings.com.
© World Travel Holdings Inc; 100 Fordham Road; Bldg C; Wilmington, MA 01887; USA
- Experience Level: 3+ years’ experience of travel sales and service experience with proven ability to build customer relationships in a customer-facing environment and/or commissioned based position.Groups experience preferred
- Sales and Service: Assertive closing skills to overcome objections and drive sales, and ability to delight customers while creating a remarkable experience. Must enjoy managing high complexity travel arrangements.Comfort and ability independently selling to prospects
- Availability: Our current schedule is 9:00am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday (EST) subject to change Available to work full-time (35-45 hrs./week) based on business need
- Reliability: Proven attendance track record of reliability and punctuality
- Communication: Amazing phone presence and ability to communicate through all mediums (verbal, listening, written) in order to win customers over quickly and sell them their dream vacations.
- Passion: Project a positive attitude and enthusiasm for travel; after all, we’re selling fun!
- Time-management: Self-management mastery – can stay on top of key tasks and ask for help when needed
- Tech Savvy: Strong typing skills, internet navigation, instant messenger tools, and proficient with Outlook and Microsoft Office. Applicants should be comfortable and ready to adapt to new technology.
- Receptive: Open to receive coaching feedback and apply learnings.
- Dexterity: Able to concentrate and sit or stand at a desk while viewing a computer screen repetitively and answering the phone for each scheduled shift.
- Work At Home: Must be able to provide a designated space for a home office free of distractions, high speed internet connection (Minimum Internet speeds of 2.0 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download) and a separate phone land line (not over the internet) dedicated to this position (see work at home page for more details). Please note thishome office must not be in the same residence as another current World Travel Holdings at home employee.
- Residency: Must be a resident and live in one of the 42 states where we currently hire (all U.S. states except for Alaska, California, Hawaii, Kentucky, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania).