Graphic Designer at Lesbians Who Tech
- THIS IS A PART-TIME, REMOTE POSITION
- Salary :: $40,000 – $70,000 (Salary is experience dependent)
WHO YOU ARE:
- You love solving hard problems.
- You want to work for one of the most progressive media companies in the world supporting a community of 70,000+ queer women, non-binary folks, & women of color in finding their community.
- You love to tell powerful stories using graphic design.
- You love organizing photos.
- You stay up-to-date on design trends & bringing new design ideas to the table.
- You thrive in environments without structure.
- You love the idea of joining a small scrappy team, working really hard, and making the impossible possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a part-time Graphic Designer to take our branding to the next level. You will work directly with the CEO/Founder to support all creative design needs. You will design an array of digital assets including landing pages, social media graphics, and email designs, with a focus on social media marketing, campaigns and events. Your approach to your work: This is the right fit for someone that gets excited by a challenge, wants to learn and work hard, and wants to really make an impact. We are a small and scrappy team trying to achieve what feels like the impossible at times. As Glennon Doyle says, you can do hard things. We promise: You will learn more here about media, events, diversity & inclusion, teamwork and entrepreneurship than anywhere else.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design assets for all of our events.
- Design social media assets.
- Design a new website.
- Use our photos to create a brand and vibe that highlights the power of our community.
- Occasionally work on our partner company’s design, include.
- Canva: We need help adding all of our assets into Canva for quick edits.
- Photo Library: We need support organizing all photos for potential design use. We are working on using Mylio right now, but open to other ideas
- Trello: We use Trello for our project management and will need support to make sure design projects are progressing smoothly.
- File Management: Organizing our library of design assets.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
Background and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design and/or creative marketing
- UI experience is a plus!
- Have experience working with digital graphics from creation to execution
- Ability to own a project from start to finish, working autonomously, but accepting feedback and collaboration
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Very detail oriented
- Real passion for design and a hunger for knowledge /intellectually curious
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, and in-app creative tools for creating Social content
- HTML experience
- Strong understanding of graphic/web design principles
- Knowledge of the tech ecosystem
- Start-up, Media or Events experience
Lesbians Who Tech & Allies is the largest LGBTQ technology community in the world — committed to visibility, intersectionality, and changing the face of technology. We are 70,000 LGBTQ women, trans, people of color, non-binary people, and allies in tech in 40+ cities worldwide. Over 30,000 women and non-binary people in tech attend our Pride Summit in 2020, making us the largest professional LGBTQ event in the world. Our programmatic work includes a coding scholarship for non-binary and LGBTQ women called the Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship Fund, a mentoring program called, Bring a Lesbian to Work Day, and a leadership program — #LWTSQUAD — focused on supporting our community as they level up their careers. We’re not just creating communities; we’re pushing the tech sector to be more inclusive and changing the face of the entire tech industry.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!