Do you get excited about a really gorgeous brand standards manual? Are you interested in making a difference while making great puns? Do you want to be part of a fun, growing, passionate team, working to make life better for teachers and students?
Pear Deck is looking for a graphic designer to join our marketing team. If you have an eye for detail, endless curiosity, and a strong sense of urgency, you might be just who we’re looking for. (Being a dog lover doesn’t hurt, either.) We’re a close-knit team that wears a lot of hats, thrives on collaboration, and loves a good group brainstorm.
You bring top-notch design and communication skills, enthusiasm, and tenacity; we’ll bring a work environment full of empathy, excitement, and the best coworkers ever.
(A quick note about location: while Pear Deck is headquartered in Iowa City, IA, we are open to candidates working remotely from anywhere in the U.S.)
On any given day you’ll…
- Produce print (flyers, postcards, merch) and digital (social media, email) graphics under the Pear Deck brand. You’ll also help produce interactive templates using Google Slides and PowerPoint.
- Make edits to the Pear Deck website using Squarespace, and build emails using Hubspot.
- Attend brainstorms and strategy meetings, contributing ideas to help Pear Deck grow and thrive.
- Help our team prepare for events and initiatives with a strong sense of creativity and urgency.
- Be self-motivated, attentive to detail, and enthusiastic!
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of Google Suite
- A strong portfolio of previous work
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Strategic thinking skills, curiosity, and eagerness to share ideas
- High sense of urgency and attention to deadlines
- At least 3 years of experience in the graphic design field
Not required, but we’d love to see:
- Experience working with Squarespace and/or Hubspot
- Video editing and/or animation skills (Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Experience working on a remote team
- Education (BA, BFA, or equivalent) in design and/or art
About Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on helping teachers deliver powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
We value diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to join our team. We believe a wealth of perspectives helps Pear Deck serve its teachers better.
Location: US Locations Only