Government Healthcare Financial Consultant at Marsh & McLennan Companies
Government Healthcare Financial Consultant
VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITY – R_081737-EN
Job Order Number: 3789267
Company Name: Marsh & McLennan Companies
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Mercer has an exciting opportunity available and is actively recruiting an experienced Government Healthcare Financial Consultant.
What can you expect?
The Government Healthcare Financial Consultant will lead and manage relationships and engagements. Clients are primarily state Medicaid agencies and divisions within the agencies, (i.e., Acute Care, Substance Abuse, Long-Term Care, Developmentally Disabled, Managed Care and Fee-For-Service departments). Responsibilities include client management, client engagement and satisfaction, new and expanded business development, contract negotiation and scope, project management and team management.
This position allows for full-time telecommuting from any US location.
What’s in it for you?
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
On day one you’ll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits, we also offer employee discounts and other ancillary benefits that are too many to name!
- This position also offers 20 vacation days annually.
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits such as deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work with client and team project managers to clearly define the scope, timelines and deliverable(s) of the project; ensure development and proposes essential project documents, including the budget and work plans
- Ensure regular communication with client to review project status and expectations; provide expertise and insight to the client and team to solve potential problems within the project; manage scope of project, budget and timelines
- Manage the relationship with the key client stakeholders and oversee client engagements including: overseeing multiple project managers; ensuring the team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope of work; ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader
- Be responsible for the project resource management including: identifying and securing resources; ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level; and providing team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise. Additionally, ensure project managers are coordinating tasks with specialists on the project team
- Define the strategy for and lead the RFP process; develop cost proposal; evaluate conversion/recovery/ aspects of RFP; evaluate risk and manage RFP through Mercer internal legal and executive approval process
- Identify opportunities for expanded revenue with existing clients. Utilize knowledge of client’s challenges and of the diverse expertise within GHSC to identify sales opportunities. These opportunities can be for established expertise and services or for new and innovative expertise and services
- Organize and execute a multi-faceted sales plan to include: building effective and collaborative relationships with key decision-makers within target state Medicaid agencies; conducting a minimum number of face to face meetings with prospects; and participating in professional organizations and informal networks to develop, build and sustain a network to obtain prospects
- Continuously develop expertise in health policy, including financial and operational aspects of Medicaid programs, federal regulatory issues, and health care reform. Consider the implication of policy, law, political, etc. changes impact client and client’s programs
- Develop intellectual capital; lead or participate in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum5 years of relevant consulting experience required
- Minimum3 years’ recent knowledge and experience with Medicaid programs required
- Successful business-to-business sales experience including selling to executive/senior level employees
What makes you ideal for the role?
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the Mercer value proposition
- Ability to work independently (initiate/qualify prospects) and as a member of a team (developing proposed solutions)
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time-management capabilities
- Takes charge and makes tough decisions. Demonstrates a can do attitude
- Proactive and fearless. Moves beyond his or her comfort zone in pursuit of Mercer’s vision
- Effective communicator, good listener with strong inter-personal skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!