Global Payroll Manager at Chainlink Labs
Global Payroll Manager
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote-based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
We are a people team with an exciting mission: to hire the world’s very best talent to build Chainlink, a decentralized oracle network. Due to the project’s phenomenal success, we are going through a period of rapid growth and are quickly scaling up our team. We’re proud to serve our industry-leading team of technologists, entrepreneurs and community advocates, scouring every corner of the globe to handpick the talent that drives Chainlink’s success.
As our Global Payroll Manager, you will oversee the processing of multi-country and multi-state payrolls, maintaining related records, and developing and documenting various payroll policies and procedures. You will support global expansion and provide insight for 3rd party vendors to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries.
In addition, you will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high-growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical payroll processes. A successful candidate will be someone who is eager to jump in and get things done, but doesn’t get flustered in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Oversee the day-to-day payroll operations for all areas covered by the team, coordinating with the vendors and the internal team to deliver pay accurately, timely, effectively, within all regulatory, labor and tax guidelines to employees and contractors throughout the U.S. and internationally
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax processes and procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Partner with various groups within the business (e.g. People, IT and Accounting) to provide strategic direction on business needs and issues related to payroll
- Ensures the processing of new hires, promotions, and terminations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate all global payroll processing operations
- Responsible for working with local tax and legal advisors to ensure the company follows local regulations with respect to payroll.
- Complete filings for payroll subsidies, where applicable
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes and other deductions
- Partner with Legal and Finance on the design of global incentive programs and coordinate the rollout
- Ensure compliance with US and foreign securities regulations and tax requirements
- Reconcile monthly equity activity, including shares outstanding and share reserves between company records, and third-party vendors like brokers and transfer agents
- Ensure appropriate tax withholding, accounting and compliance, including global mobility tracking
- Experience overseeing global payroll in a high-growth (preferably startup) environment
- Passionate, self-starter with a can-do attitude. You’re eager to jump in and get things done, but don’t get flustered in a fast-paced and often changing environment
- Experience in multi-country payroll processing with a strong working knowledge of international, federal, state, FICA and local tax withholdings regulations
- Strong knowledge and experience with US labor law, tax and compliance as well as all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
- Highly discreet when dealing with sensitive employee payroll and benefit matters
- Effective Leadership, management and coaching skills
- Organized, efficient, with ability to handle multiple tasks and resolve conflicts effectively
- Familiarity with blockchains, smart contracts and other decentralized systems
- Experience working in a tech startup, and/or blockchain company
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world’s largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!