Global Finance Coordinator at Health Care Without Harm
Global Finance Coordinator
Location: Open to all candidates globally for remote work. Must overlap at least 5 working hours with US-EST time zone.
Reports To: Director of Finance with functional accountability to Global Chief Program Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) seeks to transform health care worldwide so the sector reduces its environmental footprint and becomes a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. We believe health care, as the only sector with healing as its mission, has an opportunity – and obligation – to use its ethical, economic, and political influence to create an ecologically sustainable, equitable and healthy world. HCWH in the U.S. works to achieve its mission in collaboration with its sister organization, Practice Greenhealth, the leading nonprofit membership and network organization for sustainable health care that delivers environmental solutions to more than 1,400 members throughout the United States.
Health Care Without Harm is currently looking for a Global Finance Coordinator to join its growing team. The Global Finance Coordinator provides financial and administrative support to the global team related to all financial management and reporting. The primary objective of this role is to provide coordination support for the global team’s budgets. This support involves budget development and management, coordination of external reporting requirements, and alignment of all financial and administrative activities with the policies and procedures of the organization as well as funder requirements.
- Coordinate the development of the global team annual budgets (five programs and several projects) in alignment with available funding and all funder requirements.
- Coordinate monthly financial management of the budgets to include activity analysis, variance analysis, and reforecasting.
- Manage expense allocations per program in close coordination with budget holders while providing administrative support.
- Coordinate all financial reporting to various funders across all global programs and strategic partners in eight countries.
- Maintain integrity of internal controls and all policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the financial aspects of the annual planning process, integrating programs budgets and by supporting budget holders and partners with financial planning.
- Support the re-grants cycle (from contract to reporting) to Strategic partners and regional offices.
- Work as part of the Global Team, maintaining close communication with global program directors and key counterparts in strategic partners and regional offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields. Combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education.
- Three years of progressive experience in a finance, accounting, or administrative position.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Experience managing and reporting grants at a regional or global level.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in an organized manner.
- Cross-cultural competency.
- Ability to remain attentive to details while maintaining deadlines.
- Team player: enjoy working as part of a team in a remote setting.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential/sensitive information.
- Strong sense of commitment and interest in the work of the organization.
What’s a Plus:
- Five years of Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration experience in the non-profit field.
- General understanding of the international development agenda and/or international cooperation architecture.
- Knowledge of donor agencies reporting requirements (i.e. AFD, GEF, GIZ, JICA, UNDP, USAID, etc.)
What’s In It For You?
- Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring, and your colleagues care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission.
- Play a key role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community.
- Be part of an inspirational global network.
- Company paid time off.
Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth are committed to cultivating and sustaining culturally and ethnically diverse organizations, and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We believe that systems can only be transformed when a diversity of voices, perspectives, and lived experiences are a part of the movement for change. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in addressing systemic racism within our organization and to serve the mission of the organizations in respectful ways. Health Care Without Harm/Practice Greenhealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.