Gifts and Grants Officer at Animal Outlook
Gifts and Grants Officer
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Development Manager
- Location: Los Angeles, CA; Washington, DC; or Remote
- Benefits: Remote work, flexible hours, health benefits, retirement plan, room for advancement
Salary: $70,000-$75,000 depending on experience
Animal Outlook, (AO) is a national non-profit animal protection organization working to disrupt animal agribusiness and build a better tomorrow for all animals. AO is seeking a Gifts and Grants officer to help maintain and grow the organization’s key donor relationships and grants.
Increase the number and size of donors, donations, and grants, and build and maintain key relationships and communications with mission-aligned donors and foundations through a deep and current understanding of AO’s work and mission. This will be done with the assistance of AO’s development staff and a third-party search database. Alongside the Development Manager, build and execute a growth strategy.
- Identification of major gifts prospects
- Donor and prospective donor relationship development and maintenance
- Working with Development and Executive Team, and using a search database and in-house donor databases, creating and implementing a communication and approach strategy for existing and prospective donors to grow overall donations
- Active and strategic gift cultivation, solicitation, major gift growth, and moves management
- Foundation research, strategy development, and writing and managing grant applications and relationships with foundations to support our ongoing programmatic work, general operating costs, and growth objectives
- Building and updating written material for regular communication with individual donors and foundations
- Development and execution of an integration strategy for Executive and Development team’s communications with donors and prospective donors
- Grant and donor management, including reporting and communication
Qualifications/Who We‘re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in nonprofit development, including donor relations, major gifts, grant writing, prospect research, and/or related fields
- Knowledge and experience with the animal protection movement
- Proven track record building and growing development departments
- Fluency in research tools including Foundationsearch
- Proven track record in securing new donations, major gifts, grants, and increased giving
- Alignment with AO’s mission
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- CFRE Certification preferred
- Education: bachelors +
Benefits: Health and retirement, generous vacation package.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Animal Outlook is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a work environment free of discrimination and retaliation. Animal Outlook does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, parental status, family responsibilities or any other bases protected by federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!