Genetic Counselor – Reproductive Health at Invitae
Genetic Counselor – Reproductive Health
- Location: Remote Position
- Position can be remote
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is reinventing genetic testing by making genetic testing more affordable and accessible than ever before. We are seeking board-certified genetic counselors to join our Genetic Counseling Services team in providing remote genetic counseling services to patients. Patient care experience is a requirement, specifically in reproductive health (prenatal and preconception).
What you will do:
- Provide post-test genetic counseling (by telephone or video) to patients related to their Invitae test results
- Communicate with clients, Invitae sales representatives, and other Invitae team members to ensure an optimal provision of patient and client care
- Create innovative, scalable models of delivering genetic counseling services.
- Assist with development of the Invitae Genetic Counseling Services program and broader Invitae educational and scientific efforts
Who you are:
- A genetic counselor with a Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC) accredited training program who is certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Eligible to obtain and maintain genetic counselor licensure in any state requiring licensure
- Reside in the United States
- Experienced in reproductive health, preconception and prenatal genetic counseling
- Ideal qualities
- Passionate about providing quality patient-care
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving needs and progressive workflows
- Strong time management skills
- Function independently within small and large teams
- Creative problem solver
- Strong, effective and direct communicator
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!