General Ledger Specialist at Paycor
General Ledger Specialist
Remote – Work from Home
Paycor empowers leaders to develop winning teams. Our Human Capital Management (HCM) software modernizes every aspect of People Management from the way you recruit, onboard, develop, pay, and retain employees. Best of all? Our team is growing, and there’s never been a better time to join! If you love to Think Big, Dream Big, Compete to Win, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
Paycor’s General Ledger Specialist works directly with Paycor’s clients to create and review a customized general ledger using Paycor’s software platform meeting high standards for timeliness and accuracy. They work closely with the account’s Payroll Analyst and Project Manager to understand each client’s needs and implementation timeline, and communicates regularly with account updates.
Successful General Ledger Specialist candidates will demonstrate a dedicated focus to clients; specifically, the ability to establish immediate rapport and connection, quickly understand clients’ needs, and tactfully address challenges and concerns. Additionally, the Specialist will possess extensive knowledge of payroll, accounting, and general ledgers to maximize their business productivity, client satisfaction, and ultimately retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Paycor’s products, features and usage.
- Verify that all necessary data and forms have been obtained from client to successfully create general ledger.
- Accurately import or input company and employee data for a new client into Paycor’s system and complete review of information within required time frames.
- Review accuracy of data and research and resolve any problems prior to running the client’s first payroll.
- Record and maintain account status in Paycor’s project management software.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with Implementation team to confirm client deadlines.
- Work closely with sales partners to ensure client expectations are being met.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software system problems for clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of prior payroll experience, preferably with knowledge of Paycor system; account experience helpful
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC software with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite and web tools for conferencing and training; exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll, general ledgers, and local tax regulations; successful completion of Paycor training and testing process
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; ability to work efficiently and effectively on project teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet client needs with short turnaround
- Have regular, timely attendance and work overtime at quarter and year ends as required
Paycor Total Rewards
Paycor has an exciting, growth-focused culture, and we pride ourselves in providing best-in-class benefits to take care of our people. Some of our most popular benefits include:
- A flexible virtual-first work philosophy
- 401(k) with $.65 match for every dollar contributed up to 6% of eligible pay
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 paid holidays (including YOUR Holiday to celebrate a day or holiday you hold special)
- Three medical plan options including one with $0 cost to Associates
- Our Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which enables you to buy PYCR stock at a discount
We also offer competitive compensation based on your education, experience, and training. For more information about our total rewards, please visit www.mypaycorbenefits.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is available in Colorado or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request via email to ColoradoCompensation@paycor.com.