General Education Tutor at Elevate K-12
Virtual General Education Tutor: 2021-2022
at Elevate K-12
We are Flexible! We are Fun! We are the Future of the Classroom!
Who is Elevate K-12:
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are flexible, we are fun, and we are the future of the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teachers are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission.
Who You Are:
We are currently looking for a Virtual General Education Tutor with a passion for teaching students and impacting outcomes! This is a remote role teaching/tutoring 5th-9th grade for intervention sessions. These tutoring sessions will most likely be for small group sessions, but could be up to 30 students.
- Teach students virtually part-time during regular school hours
- Engage with students with in dynamic classroom environment using Elevate K-12 prepared content
- Collaborate effectively with Elevate K-12 team members to improve student outcomes
- Design your schedule to impact student learning and maximize your time
- 1099 Independent Contract
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in the United States
- Active Teaching Certificate A Plus But Not Required!
- Availability of 3+ school hours (M-F, T/H, M/W/F) between 8am-6pm EST
- Part-time schedule of 5-30 hours per week
- Past experience working with students at the middle or high school level
- An engaging personality
- Passion for helping K-12 students
Why be a part of the movement at Elevate K-12?
- You focus on your teaching craft – We take care of the curriculum
- Live your passion & help kids find theirs
- You will build relationships with your students everyday – Never miss a “light bulb” moment
- Our teachers care about their students, each other and our mission to bring Equity to Education
Teacher Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation – $15/hour
- Ultimate work-life balance
- 100% remote: Ditch the commute and swap your dress shoes for slippers!