General Counsel at Skillshare
- REMOTE (US)
- BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Skillshare is looking for a General Counsel that can build our legal function from the ground up. We are an online learning community for creative skills, and our $71 million Series D fundraise last year is fueling our growth into a globally-recognized consumer brand. We will need your experience in public and private companies, international exposure, and strong business acumen to help us reach the next phase of growth and maturity.
What you’ll do:
- Financing and capital markets prep
- Commercial agreements
- Corporate governance
- International expansion
- Employment law
- Tax and regulatory
- Build an amazing team
- Weigh in on all aspects of our strategy and growth
Why we’re excited about you:
- Securities and public markets experience. We will look to you for critical advice and guidance as we consider all of our long-term financing and liquidity alternatives.
- International experience. We are rapidly expanding abroad, and your ability to pull together a global team of internal and external resources will be essential to keeping us in compliance.
- Scrappiness. You’ll build a team and get the right resources in place, but we expect you to be hands-on, run a lean organization. Yes, we have plenty of capital, but we always look to get more done with less.
- Alignment with our values – impact, curiosity, community, and transparency. We take great pride in what we do, and how we do it.
- Operational bent. We need a GC that can do more than just lead a legal function. We see this as an opportunity to add another valuable strategic mind to the exec team.
- Comfort with growth-stage businesses. Building a market and leading an industry is not a smooth upward curve. There are hard decisions, constant tradeoffs, and a to-do list that is always longer than the hours in the day. It’s not always pretty, but it’s a lot of fun.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!