General Counsel at BeyondTrust
Title: SVP, General Counsel
- Location: Atlanta or Remote US
- Location: Remote or Office
At BeyondTrust, we are revolutionizing the way the world secures and manages privilege access. We are the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to quickly scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance.
The General Counsel is the head of the corporate legal department and is responsible for the global legal affairs of the company. This role includes providing legal counsel to the board of directors, chief executive officer and other senior management. The General Counsel must possess strong initiative, excellent management and leadership skills, and a strong business acumen. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure while helping the company grow and accomplish its business objectives.
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing the organization’s legal matters.
- Reviewing and creating agreements, such as employment, customer, and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company’s litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory and regulatory filings.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing the organization’s intellectual property.
- Overseeing risk management and corporate legal compliance.
- Managing the legal department budget.
- Overseeing a team of 6+ legal professionals (two direct reports).
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- Licensed in at least one state.
- 10+ years practice with an established law firm and experience inhouse as either Associate General Counsel or General Counsel. Public company experience is preferred.
- Proficient legal experience in M&A, technology, and Compliance (e.g. SEC compliance)
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Ability to work under tight time pressures, prioritize work, and react quickly to changing business needs and demands all in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment.
We are at an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust is a market leader with a unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials while also protecting privileged access pathways. We are prepared for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!