General Counsel at Formstack, LLC
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a General Counsel to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 13-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
What You’ll Do:
The General Counsel will draft and negotiate customer software-as-a-service agreements, vendor contracts and preserve business records, such as minutes of meetings and resolutions. General knowledge of employment matters and state experience in data privacy is preferred. You will assist with legal compliance regarding mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity, oversee compliance with corporate governance, and management of outside counsel, as needed.
How You Will Succeed:
- Draft, review and negotiate customer (SaaS) and vendor contracts.
- Manage internal privacy and compliance team
- Develop and maintain improved and efficient company vendor and procurement contracting processes, including contract templates, playbooks, and training.
- Assist in resolving any vendor or customer disputes
- Assist with possible mergers, acquisitions and formation of business entities.
- Provide advice on legal and regulatory issues, federal and state laws and regulations.
- Engagement and management of outside counsel when appropriate
What We Are Looking For:
- 5 years of experience as a General Counsel or similar role
- 10 or more years of experience with a leading law firm, as in-house counsel, or both drafting, negotiating and managing commercial transactions across a variety of technology or services agreements; experience with U.S. and international data privacy regulations preferred
- Experience engaging and managing outside counsel
- Strong business acumen, including ability to exercise good judgment about sensible business risks.
- Proven experience in:
- Contract Negotiation, Corporate Governance, Intellectual Property (IP), Legal Compliance
- Document Review, Legal Research.
- Be a team player with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
- Juris Doctor degree and Bar Admission
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees
- 401k with matching company contribution for full-time employees
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
Formstack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!