Game Editor-Writer at Level Ex
- Chicago or Remote (within the U.S.)
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture – Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for a passionate and experienced Game Editor/Writer to join our team.
As a Game Editor/Writer you’ll be responsible for punching-up, revising, editing, and proofreading in-game, presentation, and marketing text across multiple projects, and providing guidance to other game designers. Working here, you’ll have the opportunity to establish and grow a new genre in the video game industry.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Proofread and edit existing text across all Level Ex applications for readability, spelling, punctuation, grammar, readability, vocabulary, and consistency in style, voice, and terminology
- Playtest and participate in the QA process, implementing needed changes using a thorough knowledge of language, brand, and best practices
- Punch-up existing text to improve readability and appeal
- Constantly seek to improve the quality of written content within our applications
- Maintain the consistency and integrity of all design-related writing across multiple applications
- Provide peer review for writing by other teammates
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 3+ years Game Editing/Writing experience, or equivalent
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Proven prioritizing and multitasking skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Work and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working as an editor or writer on at least one shipped game
- Deep understanding of grammar and an editorial mindset
- Extra attention to detail, clarity, and word choice
- Ability to write for niche, specialized audiences
- Comfortable with scientific terms and vocabulary
- Skilled at transforming user feedback and data science insights into engaging content
Bonus Points For
- Experience managing and/or building a team of content developers and editors
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, psychology, medicine or a related field
- Experience writing branching and non-linear dialogue for games
- Scripting experience with text or visual scripting languages
- Experience mentoring other narrative designers
- Familiarity with the Unity game engine
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location (or full-time remote for non-Chicago candidates)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!