Funding Assistant (Temporary)
Location: US Remote
DeptName: Funding and Healthcare Reimbursement
Job Code: 1000
# of openings: 1
FUNDING ASSISTANT (Temporary)
What do you want to do?
Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life, while working in a fast-paced environment?
The position of Funding Assistant is responsible for requesting new prescriptions and Face to Face (F2F) Documents required by insurance plans for the Funding Department. This is a temporary part time flex position and will last for 6 months. The Funding Assistant will be contacting patients to confirm continued use of our equipment for capped rentals and setting up the returns for equipment no longer being used. This position will also reach out via phone and email to facilities in order to inquire on statuses of prescriptions, F2F documents, Prior authorization forms (PAR), Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMN), and any other necessary forms. This position also includes responding to inquiries and general funding questions via email or through the phone queue calls on behalf of the Funding Team
Where you’ll work:
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices – products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways
As a remote employee you will be joining our diverse remote team of more than 130 happy Tobiians. We stretch from coast to coast and are just as diverse in our jobs as our locations. With the luxury of working from your home, and support from our Pittsburgh office, you will be part of empowering people with disabilities to do what they once did, or never thought possible. Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our users? Then log on…
Your days will be filled with:
- Requesting prescription and F2F documents that are required by all insurance plans
- Reviewing case history notes in the Order Management System (OMI) to determine which documents are needed
- Utilizing OMI to create and generate prescription and F2F request messages
- Utilizing PDF Sam in order to customize documents, when needed
- Ability to pull reports of cases that need new prescriptions/F2F and also require follow up calls to necessary facilities, insurances and/or physician’s offices
- Maintaining and organizing the incoming requests from other team members, whether presented in person, via reporting, or from the task manager
- Responding to general funding and status inquiries from sales team
- Communicating with team members to ensure compliancy of documents, and the need for any additional documentation
- Aiding in preparation of documentation for submittal to insurance carriers
- Following up with internal and external customers for missing documentation
- Following up with carriers on the status of submitted authorization requests
- Following up on continued use of our equipment for Capped Rentals
- Setting-up returns for equipment no longer being used
- Performing various other duties as assigned
Are you our next Tobiian?
To be successful in this role and at Tobii you need to be a positive go-getter.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a medical office setting
- High School Diploma
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Ability to learn basic skills required to search client/patient information
- Ability to learn basic skills required to utilize uploading, converting, merging, splitting and saving PDF documents
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills
- Records maintenance skills
- Knowledge of the HIPAA guidelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong writing skills.
We find it to be a strong merit if you have the ability to learn and obtain knowledge of Medicare and other insurance information and requirements.
Please address your questions to Jasmine.Galindo@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible, don’t wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled